8.0.6.1 rip to PS3 crash.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper 8.0.6.1 rip to PS3 crash.

Continued from over here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=8646 since this is an unrelated issue.

System-
    Core 2 E6550 4GB ram 1tb drive XPsp3 all current patches
    Video NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 1GB

A/v Codec
    Video Decoder
    H.264 -Software
    VC1- Software
    Mpeg2- Software

Video Encoder
    H.264 -Software+CUDA

Codec information
    Graphics Chipset :
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250

CUDA Driver Version: 3.10
    CUDA Capability revision number: 1.1

Supported Video Codecs :
    CUDA_MODE_H264
    CUDA_MODE_VC1
    DXVA_MODE_H264

CoreAVC : cannot be detected.

DVD Ripper -PS3
    Conversion settings Device PS3- Playstation 3
    The profile is used to create mp4(h264 + aac) file, which can be played in Playstation 3

I am ripping using software conversion instead of CUDA, as I am lucky enough to have a hardware combination that causes CUDA to crash and burn No big I can rip mostly.

Since ver 8.0.5.8 When I rip DVDs it doesn't matter which, meaning it will or won't do this on even the same DVD.

All DVD's are pre-transferred to the HDD to avoid sync issues with dual layer splits.

The problem is DVDfab will just exit, it will begin ripping the file and exit, the file will always be 44bytes in size. Now this can happen on the 1st title/file of the conversion process, or somewhere between 2nd and last, usually it happens on the 2nd.

Now as I said Sometimes I can have this happen, and it will happen with each new title it writes 44 bytes and crashes, or it will do 3 titles and crash.

I can't pin point the problem as I have in tests, from fresh boot had it crash after every title, to from the same dvd(cache) convert all titles in 1 run.

Note that the crash does not appear to create any log files to attach.
    Last edited by AGJ; 12-23-2010, 03:59 AM. Reason: removed colored fonts
Working...
X