Crash and Shut Down PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Crash and Shut Down PC

I am having issues with the Ripper crashing right around 20% of completion when trying to create an AVI from my back-up file. My PC will go to an all white screen and shut down. Is there a fix out there or something I am doing incorrect?

Originally posted by xpoppadaddyx View Post
    I am having issues with the Ripper crashing right around 20% of completion when trying to create an AVI from my back-up file. My PC will go to an all white screen and shut down. Is there a fix out there or something I am doing incorrect?
    As you may know, video conversion is a very CPU-intensive process, which leads to an extensive heating of a CPU.
    From what you are describing, my guess is you computer is overheating, and I would recommend to check your CPU fan, or upgrade cooling system
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Very useful information. I had some other programs running and stopped them to assist in this ripping function. However, it sometimes will work and sometimes not. When I was using the trial version I didn't have the crashes. But, I have another issue. I have a Sony Blu-Ray player that can play different formats particularly AVI and when I put one that is converted with program (on flash drive) it does not recognize it. Same goes for my PS3 and mobile entertainment unit. I believe it is where when looking at the actual file you see the beginning of the movie and not the file type if that makes sense. Can you help please

Comment

Working...
      X