2-pass iPod Conversion fails with process exception

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper 2-pass iPod Conversion fails with process exception

I am attempting to do an ipod-format conversion of a DVD folder using the default iPod/iPhone template in DVD Ripper 8.0.6.5 and it fails every time within the first few seconds with the following error:

15:59:36: Conversion: two pass - first pass
    15:59:45: Work 1 failed, Error = 504.00 0 error: process exception, filter(type8:id2), info = 503.00 13,
    At first I thought it might have been the CUDA, so I switched everything back to Software and restarted DVDFab, but I still have the same problem. Extended log below:

------ begin mobile work(1/1) ------

0m 52.72s: create config(0)
    0m 52.72s: convert profile(ipod.default)
    0m 52.72s: dvd title(1) angle(0) chapter(1->28)
    0m 52.72s: stream(480,2,1) stream(128,86019,1) stream(32,94208,4)
    0m 55.24s: not set correct fourcc for video(13)
    0m 55.24s: subpicture preset(1), mode(0)
    0m 58.25s: subpicture(32) mode(0)
    0m 58.26s: connect to sub render filter
    1m 02.15s: error: process exception, filter(type8:id2), info = 503.00 13,
    1m 04.14s: ------ mobile work failed(504.00 0 error: process exception, filter(type8:id2), info = 503.00 13,

) ------
    3m 37.24s:
    Are there any known problems with this version of DVD Ripper? I'm really just using the default settings, the only changes being boosting audio to 145% and 2-pass instead of single.

Also, am currently attempting a "to MP4" conversion right now and it hasn't errored out yet. Will see if the resulting file works on my NookColor.

I think this may be a 2-pass issue and that 1-pass will work

Comment

I am attempting a 1-pass copy now and it hasn't failed yet. Of course I would really prefer 2-pass as the quality's noticeably better. Is 2-pass not supposed to work with the iPod/iPhone format?

Also, the MP4 attempt I made completed and played on my computer, but did not play on the NOOKColor.

EDIT: Dang, the 1-pass iPod conversion completed, played on computer, but also did not play on the NOOKColor. GRRRRRR. (The thread is about the 2-pass failure, but still.)
      Last edited by SecretSuperstar; 12-28-2010, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Not sure as I not have an iPod but think it could be the mpeg4 profile having the 2-pass problem. Not sure what is supported by the device but have you tried the h.264 profile as I think 2-pass works for that iPod profile

Comment

Hi all
          i think this is a bug with Ipod.mpeg4 used 2pass,i had told the devs to fix it.
          Joe

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
            I think this may be a 2-pass issue and that 1-pass will work
            2-pass seems to be failing for a variety of profiles. I experienced NDS 2-pass failure http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=10550.

A quick scan of the posts in this forum shows this iPod 2-pass failure and there's another couple similar ones as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TLK View Post
              2-pass seems to be failing for a variety of profiles. I experienced NDS 2-pass failure http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=10550.

A quick scan of the posts in this forum shows this iPod 2-pass failure and there's another couple similar ones as well.
              Well, that's poopie.

Comment

Working...
              X