Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) ipod Touch 1st-3rd Gen

Hello,

I am trying to rip a bluray to be used on a 1st and 3rd gen ipod touch. I found this on wikipedia in terms of screen resolution:

Screen resolution: 320x480 px at 163 ppi (1st, 2nd & 3rd gen) or 640x960 at 326ppi (4th gen), with 3:2 aspect ratio

The only profiles I see when selecting ipod/iphone are the iPhone4 settings that only support the 640x960. Obviously if I select this and try to sync with iTunes, it won't allow it by saying the ipod is unable to play that file which I assume is due to the incorrect resolution.

I have tried copying the iPhone4 profile to ipodTouch, opening the xml and simply changing to resolutions from 960x640 to 320x480 but I get a "Work 1 failed, Error = 500.00 3" so I assume it's not as simple as doing that.

Is there a way to get bluray rips to work on the 1st-3rd gen ipod touches easily?

Thanks!

I"m having the same problem. I have a 3rd Gen iTouch and haven't been able to get anything ripped to load...

Comment

Use "Video Effect Settings" to resize.

Hey cykotix,

If you want to resize and or crop the video, try using DVD Ripper’s “Video Effect Settings”.

In the main screen click on “Edit” then on “Video Effect Settings”. In the “Resize” tab select “Custom Size” and then enter whatever screen resolution you need then click on “Add”. If you then want to crop a widescreen video so that it fills the entire screen, click on the “Crop” tab and move the slider to “Pan&Scan”. You may want to check out the reference material on conversion settings the main DVDFab website: http://www.dvdfab.com/manual/dvd-rip...rsion-Settings

POSSIBLE COMPATABILITY ISSUES WITH DVDFab 8
      I am currently having issues with DVD Ripper 8 as my iPod rips will not playback on my iPod Nano 4th gen., and generic AVI rips also will not playback on my older COWON D2+. DVD Ripper 7 however produces excellent results for both of those devices. (See forum thread: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=10652)

I suspect that DVDFab 8 uses newer encoding methods which are not compatible with our “older” devices. (I’m still waiting to hear from the forum’s video experts or developers if this is true or not.) If this is the case, perhaps a feature request is needed that would offer profiles with maximum compatibility for our “legacy devices”.

Cheers and hope this helps!
      Last edited by Organdude; 12-30-2010, 11:42 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Organdude,

Thanks for the reply. Though you said DVD Ripper, this was actually in reference to Blu-ray. The output options from DVD Ripper work just fine with the ipodTouch profile. No such profile exists for Blu-ray Ripper unfortunately and thus our dilemma.

However that being said, it seems Blu-ray Ripper offers the same functions you've suggested. I'll have a go at that and I'll report back once it has completed.

Comment

Working...
        X