Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

don't start out like gangbusters but by 2 minutes the FPS slowly dwindles to nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't start out like gangbusters but by 2 minutes the FPS slowly dwindles to nothing

Just purchased Blu-ray Ripper a few days ago, primarily as a means of creating a library of titles for my little one to watch hands free via XBOX.

I've tried nearly 10 titles and only 2 have successfully ripped. The ones that don't start out like gangbusters but by 2 minutes the FPS slowly dwindles to nothing. I also tried Sunny's advice but it didn't help.

My system includes an AMD AM3 965 processor along with an ATI HD4850 video card.

Regular rips work fine. Encoding with the XBOX WMA profile, not so much.

Please tell us there is a solution to this problem. I'd hate to think I sank money into a product that doesn't function as advertised.

Thanks!

Try changing the A/V Codec settings in common settings of DVDFab to Software for all choices as it sounds like DVDFab using DXVA GPU since you have ATI Card.

Comment

Thanks for posting this tk...this sounds similar to the headache I've been going through and have posted about in 3 different threads. One of which I said "I just don't know enough about dvdfab to know if the video card could be the issue"...I have an ATI as well. Although I recently found that after multiple attempts with the same dvd, dvdfab will eventually have success. I'm going to try this answer you got and see if some of my known failures push through on the first attempt. Fingers crossed!

Comment

I did try the software option

And got the same results. I would be willing to switch to an Nvidia card but CUDA isn't supported by the AMD CPU and I don't feel like throwing $150 at something that may not work. Plus, for me ATI video cards have been more stable for HD television.

Btw, the troubles I'm having with DvdFab have been cocsistent with a W7 32bit and a brand new install of W7 64 bit.

Hey AGJ, what's the historical performance of ATI cards coupled with AMD processors?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X