No announcement yet.

Conversion DVD to AVI - Is this slow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Conversion DVD to AVI - Is this slow?

I have AMD X6 1090T with 8gb of RAM running Win7 64bit Ultimate.

For some reason it looks like recently DVD Fab is taking longer than normal to convert a backed up DVD from HDD to an AVI file. A 1.5hr movie takes approx. 18-20mins and a 3.5hr movie is taking approx. 40 mins. I believe these times were much lower before, am I correct? The 1.5hr movies would take approx 11-12 mins before and the longer movies a bit longer. The version I am running is 8.0.6.6 of DVDFab.

Here is some info for a movie backed up earlier which took 26mins:

------ begin mobile work(1/1) ------

4m 39.49s: create config(0)
    4m 39.49s: convert profile(generic.default)
    4m 39.49s: dvd title(1) angle(0) chapter(1->21)
    4m 39.49s: stream(480,2,1) stream(128,86019,0) stream(32,94208,8)
    4m 39.50s: info: set output video frame_rate(24000/1001)
    4m 39.52s: subpicture preset(2), mode(2)
    4m 43.62s: subpicture(32) mode(2)
    26m 23.19s:

------ finish mobile work ------
    I even reinstalled the OS because of DVDFab with next to nothing in it right now and the above is the latest rip info after the reinstall.

Backing up the DVD to the HDD seems to be fine, approx 10mins but (again) ripping to AVI from the HDD is the problem.

I too was having very quick rips w/my i7 processor. I later found that after setting a default profile, the correct frame resolutions were not appearing. I now choose the profile every time from the dropdown instead of relying on the default...the resolutions all change which seems messed up to me, but once I select a correct one the avi rips do take longer...20-30 minutes usually.

Comment

Originally posted by jdigital View Post
      I too was having very quick rips w/my i7 processor. I later found that after setting a default profile, the correct frame resolutions were not appearing. I now choose the profile every time from the dropdown instead of relying on the default...the resolutions all change which seems messed up to me, but once I select a correct one the avi rips do take longer...20-30 minutes usually.
      Thanks
      When you say you choose the profile from the dropdown, is it from the main screen of the DVD Ripper or when you click on edit and the drop down you mention is on the top of the screen?

Comment

Working...
      X