Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) knight and day

Hi

I'v been trying to get Knight and Day off of the Bluray and onto my WD TV Live since christmas.

Been successful in copying the BR by cloning to ISO, but WD will not recognise and the film jumps about through random chapters/titles. However, if I mount the ISO on the PC and them play it- it's fine.

Tried using copy main movie, no good either.

Tried using rip to M2TS and no love here either. There seems to be no order of title recognistion by DVDFab.

So I then tried other program and it couldn't break the protection. So I ran Passkey on the BR and then ran other program and voila- it worked.

I really prefer the look of DVDFab and have used it succesfully on other DVDs, this is my first BR attempt and i'm not sure what to make of the problem. Other program seemed to tbe able to recognise the chapters where DVDfab could only recognise the file names. Have I missed something?

Cheers
    Last edited by AGJ; 01-02-2011, 10:33 PM. Reason: General Policies

Instead of posting about other program why not just post about DVDFab and tell us every step you done that did not work as it seems you was able to get an ISO that worked on computer. Not DVDFab fault that the WD TV Live does not work correctly with ISO format

Comment

Um, am I correct in assuming that a forum moderator edited this post and removed the references to another, possibly competing, application - replacing the text with "other program"?

I'm considering purchasing DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper and came to these forums to get an idea of how the application performs. If the moderators in these forums habitually censor the information here like this then I suppose my buying decision is already made.

Please tell me that is not the case, or at least tell me why that reference was replaced. It's not like this posting is an advertisement for the "other program". The OP had a problem that he couldn't figure out and posted some of the details of that problem.

FYI - I did just read the forum rules and guidelines and I didn't see anything prohibiting the mention of or software titles, excepting when they are used as an advertisement for that title, or if they are used in conjunction with software cracks or keys. I don't believe this post falls under either of those clauses.
      Last edited by rnickerson; 01-03-2011, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rnickerson View Post
        FYI - I did just read the forum rules and guidelines and I didn't see anything prohibiting the mention of or software titles, excepting when they are used as an advertisement for that title, or if they are used in conjunction with software cracks or keys. I don't believe this post falls under either of those clauses.
        Read the forum General Policies as this the DVDFab forum and no place to discuss other programs

Comment

There's not a great deal to tell. DVDFab can't recognise that the main movie with the 27 chapters/titles within.

If I copy to M2TS and play the ripped files, there is no order and it jumps back and forth between chapters.

Not sure what I can do to help diagnose the problem. DVDFab is pretty straight forward to use.

I understand there is obviuosly an issue with the the WD not playing the bluray or this particular bluray ISO, but it can;t handle a M2TS rip either.

I'm giving you at DVDFab a heads up that this other program can do it and gave it's name so you could check out why? I thought I was doing you a favor to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by rnickerson View Post
            Um, am I correct in assuming that a forum moderator edited this post and removed the references to another, possibly competing, application - replacing the text with "other program"?

I'm considering purchasing DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper and came to these forums to get an idea of how the application performs. If the moderators in these forums habitually censor the information here like this then I suppose my buying decision is already made.

Please tell me that is not the case, or at least tell me why that reference was replaced. It's not like this posting is an advertisement for the "other program". The OP had a problem that he couldn't figure out and posted some of the details of that problem.

Totally agree with you- thanks

Comment

Just to be clear- M2TS does not play properly on the PC or WDTV

Comment

Give this link a read http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=542 and post the info mentioned to next post reply to this thread as it may be a setting that needs to be changed

Comment

Working...
                X