A couple pre-sales questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple pre-sales questions...

I'm looking to rip my blu-ray collection to my NAS unit in my house. I've already finished converting my entire DVD collection to MKV, and I wanted to do the same with my blu-ray collection.

1. I tried MakeMKV, and it does not encode the video into h264--my goal is to keep the files size of 1080p rips to about 10 GB or so. Will DVDFab do this?

2. I've using open source/free tools to import/convert subtitles, and it's proven to be a major pain in the butt. Does DVDFab simplify this? If I put in a blu-ray movie and select English (forced subs only), will only the forced subtitles be inserted?

3. I already own xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

4. Will the trial version of DVDFab Blu-Ray Ripper allow me to rip an entire blu-ray disc so I can see what the resulting video looks like?

5. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Guest; 01-02-2011, 08:27 PM.

The 30 day trial software is fully functional.
    Download it and use it free for 30 days and that should answer most if not all your question.

If you want advise of other software this is not the place to ask.

Comment

What a way to get me to NOT buy this software--by not answering any of my questions. I thought this forum was for "General Questions."

Like I said originally, I already use some "other software"--I wanted to know why DVDFab was better--a perfect selling opportunity. I didn't come here looking for advice for other software--I came here looking for advice on yours.

Comment

What is your problem with the use of the software for 30 days at no cost to you.?

Hands on use is the way to learn.

The way to find out which is better for you is simply to use it.

Comment

Please don't hassle the moderators. We are volunteers and do not sell anything. Grunon was doing his job to remove the software references that violated the General polices. While doing so he was kind enough to suggest the free trial. Even if he was not a moderator, it was poor form to attack someone making a helpful suggestion just because it didn't include all the information you wanted.

Moving your thread to the BD ripper forum where you may get more responses.

Comment

Originally posted by jprater1209 View Post
            1. I tried MakeMKV, and it does not encode the video into h264--my goal is to keep the files size of 1080p rips to about 10 GB or so. Will DVDFab do this?
            Yes, you can control the bitrate of the conversion to obtain a "smaller" rip.

2. I've using open source/free tools to import/convert subtitles, and it's proven to be a major pain in the butt. Does DVDFab simplify this? If I put in a blu-ray movie and select English (forced subs only), will only the forced subtitles be inserted?
            When you insert a DVD/BD, it scans and automatically detects the different languages and audio tracks for you to select one for your conversion. It also finds all subtitles and allow you to select one or more, and to only show "Forced Subtitles".

3. I already own xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
            A no-no as you have already found out. :-)

4. Will the trial version of DVDFab Blu-Ray Ripper allow me to rip an entire blu-ray disc so I can see what the resulting video looks like?
            Yes, but the trial will put their logo in the output stream every couple of minutes. The full version does not do this.

5. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
            Don't know, but must have been bad. :-)

Like they said above, you lose nothing but time by trying the fully functional trial they provide. The software is pretty straight forward and easy to use. Hint: When you select the "profile" to use depending on what device you want to target, hit the "Edit" button next to it to set things like bitrate and resolution to convert to.

- Rob
            Last edited by RBeaubien; 01-03-2011, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X