No announcement yet.

2-pass encoding is causing issues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) 2-pass encoding is causing issues...

I have a strange problem. I am attempting to rip some blu-rays into an mkv using the mkv profile which uses audio copy/h268. I am using CoreAVC Pro 2.0 w/ CUDA. This issue is happening on multiple Blu-Rays.

This issue is when using 2-pass encoding, the seek feature causing big time lag (it looks like the picture is fast forwarding to catch up to the sound). Also, the end of the movie fails. The video stops about 2 - 3 minutes before the movie is over (the frame just freezes) but the audio continues. There are no errors, and DVD Fab shows the message that the process completed successfully). However, when using 1-pass encoding, there are no issues what so ever (when I seek to a different point in the movie, video comes up instant with proper audio sync, end of movie plays properly). Has anyone seen this issue before? The version of DVDFab is 8.0.6.5. The computer is brand new, so it isn't a power issue (6 core amd phenom w/ 16 GB memory running Win 7 64 bit).

I have narrowed it down to being a CUDA problem. I set all of the encoding and decoding options to software and unclicked the lightning tab and it finishes properly. DVDFab support, do you guys have any ideas on this one?

Comment

I have further narrowed it down to siimply being a CUDA problem. I left the decoding as CoreAVC for H.268 and CUDA for VC1. I set encoding to software (NO CUDA). THe movies come out perfect. DOes anyone know whay having CUDA + Software for encoding causes all of my blu-ray rips to miss the last couple minutes of video?

Comment

Working...
      X