No video on WMP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) No video on WMP

I am a fairly new DVDFab user. I've been ripping some of my Blueray DVDs to my media server to the m2ts format. I am using the latest version of DVDFab, 8.0.6.7 . The media server is Tversity DLNA server and it streams to my PCs as well as a Netgear EVA-9150 streamer box conencted to my TV. So far everything has been working great and I can play the Blueray rips via the Netgear box and with Windows Media Player (running under Windows 7 X64). One Blueray movie rip, Under Siege, will play video and sound via the Netgear box oon my TV just fine but via WMP, I only get sound and no video. If I open the M2TS file directly with WMP, I get the same result. I haven't had this happen on any other Blueray rip. Any thoughts ?

No video on WMP

Originally posted by jbinkley60 View Post
    I am a fairly new DVDFab user. I've been ripping some of my Blueray DVDs to my media server to the m2ts format. I am using the latest version of DVDFab, 8.0.6.7 . The media server is Tversity DLNA server and it streams to my PCs as well as a Netgear EVA-9150 streamer box conencted to my TV. So far everything has been working great and I can play the Blueray rips via the Netgear box and with Windows Media Player (running under Windows 7 X64). One Blueray movie rip, Under Siege, will play video and sound via the Netgear box oon my TV just fine but via WMP, I only get sound and no video. If I open the M2TS file directly with WMP, I get the same result. I haven't had this happen on any other Blueray rip. Any thoughts ?
    I tested the Under Siege rip with MPC and I was able to get both audio and video fine directly accessing the M2TS rip file. Is it possible there is something unique in how the video is encoded on this Blueray disc that WMP (Windows Media Player 11) doesn't support, after the rip ?

Comment

Have you installed any codec packs? I really don't recommend installing any because that may cause more problems later but may be necessary for wmp to playback correctly.
      Before doing anything I'd let someone with more experience with streaming and codecs step in and give some advice.

Comment

Download and use MediaInfo to inspect the file to see what codecs it is using and then we should be able to assist in what codec to install.

MediaInfo will also refer you to the website of the necessary codec.

Oh, Ka Ka!!! I mentioned other software here again !!!
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
          Download and use MediaInfo to inspect the file to see what codecs it is using and then we should be able to assist in what codec to install.

MediaInfo will also refer you to the website of the necessary codec.

Oh, Ka Ka!!! I mentioned other software here again !!!
          I downloaded MediaInfo and it says: VC-1 (AP@L3) . After looking at the other 5 I have ripped, they are different formats MPEG Video Version 2 and AVC(High@4.1). Under Siege appears to be unique. I didn't realize that Blueray DVS had different formats, whereas normal DVDs seem to all be MPEG2. For Under Siege, Media Info doesn't indicate that the codec is missing.

Comment

I'm surprised it is not working....

Have a read here...

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
              I'm surprised it is not working....

Have a read here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VC-1
              I agree that it doesn't make sense. I'll be burning some more Bluerays soon and see if I find any more VC-1 encoded m2ts rips. I did try loading the K-lite codecs and it didn't help.

Comment

I tested this rip on my wife's PC, which is a generic build of Windows 7 x64 Ultimate. I got the same result. Is it possible that there is something DVDFab did for a VC-1 encoded m2ts file that only impacts Microsoft Windows Media Player or similar ? I'll try to test on other versions of Windows Media Player and versions of MS Windows. I ordered some additional Blueray DVDs from amnazon.com, so maybe one of them will be VC-1 encoded.

Comment

Working...
                X