8.0.6.7 DVDFab Crashes when Enumerating BluRay Folder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) 8.0.6.7 DVDFab Crashes when Enumerating BluRay Folder

Let me begin by saying that I am a frequent user of DVDFab's DVD Copy...it has been very reliable.

For Christmas I purchased a BluRay ROM drive for myself to allow me to store my BluRay films electronically (for use with my media player).

Anyway, what I am trying to do is simply to copy the film (not extras, not directors commentary...etc...etc) - just the film - with 1080 resolution, into a file format of a reasonable file size.

I've decided to use the MKV format (I guess, whether that's best format or not is a topic for another thread)...back to the point...

To Rip the BluRay on my PC takes 'approximately' 10 hours! I want to reduce that as much as I can (with the hardware I've got); possibly by doing it in a two stage process. So, what I have been doing is this...

1) I copy the entire BluRay onto my PC; into a folder called, for example, "C:\BluRayCopy". This step takes less than an hour.

2) I then load DVDFab...go into Blu-Ray Ripper and select the "C:\BluRayCopy" as the source.

DVDFab then crashes.

The "dvdfab_internal.log" file states...

DVDFab 8.0.6.7 (2011/01/04 22:37:43)

0m 00.45s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
    0m 17.51s: got bdmv
    0m 19.81s: got extended bdinfo
    0m 21.15s: terminate process
    The reason I'm doing it this way, is because to copy the contents of the Blu-Ray onto my workstation takes less than an hour. This allows me to rip the BluRay at a later date (or overnight).

Should what I am doing work? I've tried doing it this way with a couple of Blu-Ray discs without success.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Lee

could you post the process log file as well.

DVDFab should not be crashing like that so something is wrong

Comment

Hi AGJ,

Many thanks for your post.

Sorry, I should have said...the "dvdfab_process.log" doesn't get written to 'at all'.

After I select the appropriate source folder, the "Open Blu-Ray Source" dialogue box appears and the bar goes from left to right (continually; as you would expect). Then after a certain amount of time (which seems to depend on the film) the details about the film (ie. the Title and Audio information appears) then a dialogue appears that says "Analyze Title 18 Information..." then it crashes immediately.

Lee

Comment

Incidentally, this issue still exists in v8.0.6.8.

Lee

Comment

Can I provide any more information to help identify this problem?

Has anyone else been able to reproduce this issue?

Please help!

Lee

Comment

Hi delta12:
            Fab 8068 have fixed some crash problem of reading 102 error for DVDs. If it still crash with BDs, please provide the Disc Name and location. And sure that if Fab will crash when reading with all of BDs? Or special?

Thanks,
            Potti

Comment

Working...
            X