No announcement yet.

Inception 1.8 sec audio delay on mkv rip - info attached

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Inception 1.8 sec audio delay on mkv rip - info attached

I've been using the software for a few weeks now and not had a problem until today, while trying to rip inception blu-ray to mkv (I've attached a mediainfo.txt file with information on the rips). On 2 successive attempts to rip I end up with audio which is delayed by approximately 1800 ms. I've attached the relevant sections of the burn_vso.log and the internal.log files as a single txt file. No error messages appeared, and the rip appeared to finish without any error. But on playing in VLC and also on popcorn hour c-200 the delay was verified, and identical both times.

I updated to the latest official release this morning of blu-ray rip (shown in log), and I am running a fairly powerful win7 64bit machine (win7 home premium, intel core i7930 @2.8GHz, 12GB Ram. The machine is an HP HPE-480T.

Searching the forums, I've seen similar posts (here: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.p...+blu-ray+audio), with seemingly identical issues. I don't think I've had problems with any of my other rips, but this one is very, very important to me.

I just finished an mt2s pass-through rip, and the delay is gone. Of course, the file size is 34 GB and I'd like to be able to make a lossy mkv of this.

Please advise as soon as possible.

Thanks, Jon
    Attached Files

Experienced the same thing with Terminator Salvation this evening. Trying again in different format. Any insight on the first post?

Thanks.

Comment

I just ripped Avatar to a m4v file for the iPod Touch. I also noticed what I thought were unacceptable audio delays, until I realized it was caused by jumping around to different parts of the movie in the player (both VLC and Windows Media). If I play the movie through without jumping around, I don't see the audio issues. Also, Fast Forward and Rewind don't cause audio sync issues, only jumping to different points in the movie.

Comment

@jcfay, I have exact same issue with Inception. mt2s rip is perferct, but blu-ray copy, iPad rip, blu-ray to DVD all have the same ~2s audio delay.

I've ripped/burned many BD discs recently (No issues) and Inception is definitely unique.

Comment

Change the A/V Codec setting from the common settings of DVDFab to software for all choices and then try again as that may be your sound sync issue

Comment

Thanks Guys - didn't get your responses until later so I had already tried to deal with the issue. Ended up using mkvmerge to remux with a compensatory advance (correction) in the audio, and the end up result works well enough for me. I had to do a similar thing with my copy of Terminator Salvation, as well (although the delay was closer to 1 sec there). Someone mentioned this may have something to do with the seamless branching on these discs? I'll try the recommended fix at some point in the future.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X