Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper No Audio with Toy Story 3 to iPOD with 8.0.6.7

Hi,

Newbie here again. I have just backed up and then tried to use DVDFab DVD Ripper, from the backup copy, to place the movie on my kid's iPOD 5G.

Never had a problem before. Now I get the picture which works fine but no audio?

The backup showed two Titles and I choose 1(1). Profile ipod.mpeg4.

When I ran the Preview all was OK and I can play the File on my PC which has sound but when I transfer it to the IPOD using CopyTrans Manager I get picture but no sound.

What did I miss and what am I doing wrong?

Help much appreciated.

laopa

Click the edit button after selecting the movie and in the lower left of the edit screen and set the audio channel to stereo at about a 96 bit rate.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Click the edit button after selecting the movie and in the lower left of the edit screen and set the audio channel to stereo at about a 96 bit rate.
      Hi,

Fantastic! It worked like a charm. Much appreciated help and assistance again from DVDFab Forum and in this case (90312).

Huge Thanks and Best Regards

laopa

Comment

Good news! Glad you are going again.

Albert Einstein

Comment

No matter what bit rate, just cause of 5.1 and stereo(channel) set in Conversion Settings dialog. Maybe 96 bit is good enough : j

Comment

Yes selecting stereo is the important thing; the iPod won’t play 5.1 multichannel. I didn’t mean to imply laopa had to use 96kpbs only that it would default to that setting. If your audio is unacceptable at 96 take up until it is what you do like.

Albert Einstein

Comment

the iPod won’t play 5.1 multichannel
              Hi People,

Total newbie comment here but, if it is pretty well known and accepted that the "base" settings in Profile ipod.mpeg4 for Audio in DVD Ripper iPod/iPhone does not work, then why is it there? Why isn't the audio default for Profile ipod.mpeg4 set to "stereo" rather than "5.1 multichannel"?

Luckily for me the "96 bit rate" default for "stereo" worked, otherwise I would have been back asking how to fix that ..... if I had figured out that the audio "bit rate" was now the problem?

Thanks again and sorry for the newbie comments above.

laopa

Comment

Working...
              X