Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not able to get a stable Blu-Ray rip

Hello from newbie,
    I've read thru nearly all the posts here on the forum but can't find solution to my problem. When ripping a Blu-Ray (any blu-ray) to mkv or m2ts format, I'm getting choppy audio. I'm ripping to hard drive and then serving across my network to a Seagate Theater+ box. I have other Blu-Ray rips given to me by others without this problem and they are also in the mkv / m2ts formats and the audio is stable. I'm using the hdmi output to a Yamaha surround amp and then feeding to 47" lcd. The amp keeps jumping from prologic 2 ch to DTS and can't make up its mind like the audio stream is corrupt. I really don't care what format my backups are in as long as I can maintain the 1920x1080 format with at least 5.1ch audio (DTS would be nice). I've tried mpeg4 and while the video is stable, I can't seem to get more than 2ch audio from it no matter what settings I select in DVDFAB. I could really use some help

Give this link a read http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=542 then post the info mentioned to your next post to this thread

Comment

Requested info on stable blu-ray rip

As per my previous post above, I've again attempted to rip Inglourious Basterds into MKV format. I'm still getting the really choppy audio. The resulting file information shows as:
      Video: Length 02:32:45
      Frame Width 1920
      Frame Height 1080
      Frame Rate 24 frames/second
      Audio: Channels 6
      Audio sample rate 48 khz
      File size: 30.5gb

Ok as requested, here is the internal log dump:
      47m 51.01s:
      ------ begin mobile work(1/1) ------
      47m 51.01s: create config(5)
      47m 51.01s: convert profile(mkv.remux)
      47m 51.10s: blu-ray playlist(2) angle(0) chapter(1->35)
      47m 51.10s: stream(4113,AVC,0) stream(4352,DTS-HD MA,2) stream(4353,DTS,2) stream(4354,DTS,2)
      47m 54.14s: processing source(00010.m2ts)
      85m 05.38s:
      ------ finish mobile work ------

Process Log as follows:
      21:09:04: Conversion
      21:09:04: Source( 00010.m2ts )
      21:46:16: Process completed successfully!

Computer used as follows:
      Intel Core 2 Quad 2.6ghz
      4gb memory
      Internal LG Blu-Ray writer drive
      Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit operating system
      ATI Radeon HD 5700 series video w/1gb DDR5 memory
      Total of 6tb hard drive storage

Any ideas why the audio is choppy?? Its only on the blu-ray movies that I rip and not on movies that I didn't rip.

Comment

you did not post the entire internal log as you cut off the first part that gives much needed info so until you post that can not give much help

Comment

like dvdphantom said need the rest of that internal log as you seem to have cut the part off that gives info on the actual blu-ray being used and version of DVDFab being used.

Comment

Working...
          X