MP4 / M4V with Chapters and Optional Subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MP4 / M4V with Chapters and Optional Subtitles

Note to mods: I would have posted this in the DVD Ripping / Blu-Ray Ripping forum, but it wouldn't let me... something about entering a thread prefix that wasn't an option.

Anyway, I've been trying to figure out how to get DVDFab to rip my blu-ray movies into MP4 (or M4V) format that retains the chapter markers and has optional subtitles. What I mean by "optional subtitles" is that forced subtitles are always shown, but if I hit the subtitle button, it'll display the full English subtitles. From my reading, it seems like it's technically possible, but I can't figure out how to do it. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thread moved to correct forum.

Comment

Don't waste your time trying to do this with Fab at the moment.

It will not do it !!!!
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Is it possible to rip it to an MKV file with chapters and optional subtitles (and forced always showing, as mentioned above)?

Comment

I have read that DVDFab BD Ripper supports chapters in one of the output files (haven't tried it) but not selectable subtitles.

These forums would not be the place to discuss software other than DVDFab if that is what you where asking.

Comment

Working...
          X