Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MKV Profile Format

Hello,

I just recently ripped a Blu-ray movie to MKV using DVDFab 8 and I am having problems playing it on my Netgear EVA-9150 media player. When I try to use any of the seek functions (fast-forward, rewind etc.) I get a "Not supported" message on the EVA.

I had previously been using other program to rip Blu-ray to MKV and all these files worked fine but I was hoping that DVDFab would be faster and easier to use which is the reason for my switch.

I ran Mediainfo on the resulting MKV file ripped in DVDFab and found the following 2 parameters which I have been told will not work as is with the Netgear box:

Format profile : High@L5.1
    Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame

I was told that the Netgear EVA cannot support this profile setting and that the Blu-ray rips should have a profile of High@L4.1.

I am wondering if this is something that can be configured within DVDFab to make sure that the profile is set to 4.1 so that I can play the MKV files on my device? I did not see anything but I am not sure exactly what I would be looking for if it were there.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Last edited by AGJ; 01-15-2011, 05:57 AM. Reason: General Polices

The Netgear EVA needs to update their media player firmware to support the L5.1 format as it the latest and L4.1 I believe is old. Maybe post the internal log file for the Developers to check out

Moved thread to the Ripper section

Comment

Working...
    X