Problem with subs & VLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Problem with subs & VLC

I ripped some movies (main movie only) to VOB + subs but VLC won't play them. It does see the language by going to Subtitles option, but the subs won't appear. Note that both the vob and the idx/sub is under the same folder.

Any ideas?

Originally posted by Athanasios2104 View Post
    I ripped some movies (main movie only) to VOB + subs but VLC won't play them. It does see the language by going to Subtitles option, but the subs won't appear. Any ideas?
    Yep, there is an idea. Most likely resolution of your video, subs and screen size doesn't match. As a result your subs are outside of viewable field of the screen. You can try to change resilution of your subs and that will fix the problem
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
      Yep, there is an idea. Most likely resolution of your video, subs and screen size doesn't match. As a result your subs are outside of viewable field of the screen. You can try to change resilution of your subs and that will fix the problem
      thanks, but how am i doing that?

btw, probably you're right since vob passthrough doesn't change anything in video resolution

Comment

thanks, but how am i doing that?
        Try SubtitleWorkshop. Google it - it's a freeware
        sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Well, i don't know if it's me and i keep stumbling on bugs, but it's not the subs or the vlc, it has to do with Ripper and how it extracts selected subs.

In other words, in all the rips i was selecting only the Greek subs - and it didn't work, although vlc was identifying them. I tried another language (only one sub), this time VLC wouldn't even detect the subs. Finally i tried to extract all the subs (no selection) and it worked.

Figure this out, huh?

Comment

Well, i don't know if it's me and i keep stumbling on bugs, but it's not the subs or the vlc, it has to do with Ripper and how it extracts selected subs.

In other words, in all the rips i was selecting only the Greek subs - and it didn't work, although vlc was identifying them. I tried another language (only one sub), this time VLC wouldn't even detect the subs. Finally i tried to extract all the subs (no selection) and it worked.

Figure this out, huh?
            Well... As long as it worked for you
            Last edited by IPopov50; 01-17-2011, 01:09 AM. Reason: typo
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X