A few general questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few general questions

Hi all, been using DVD fab for a little while and I think it is a wonderful program.

I just purchased a blu-ray ripper, and I am ripping my blu-ray movies to an external harddrive in the .MKV format. When I do this, I want them to go into my "Movies" folder. When it is finished, the actual .mkv movie is inside /Movies/MKV/. Is there any way to make it so it rips straight to /Movies?

Also, it automatically names the movies as [TITLE HERE].title4.mkv.. is it possible to just have the title itself, instead of .title4 in the middle of it?

And finally, I use an older media extender. I don't have a great understanding of it, but I know when I rip newer movies, I need to convert the audio in order for it to play.. I think it's something to do with AC3 and DTS. I have been using Heartwaves "Popcorn" MKV audio converter and it seems to work fine, but is there a way to do this within DVDfab? That would make life so much easier!

Anyway, sorry for all the questions but it would save so much time if I could set it up like this. Thank you for reading!

Originally posted by Acester View Post
    I just purchased a blu-ray ripper, and I am ripping my blu-ray movies to an external harddrive in the .MKV format. When I do this, I want them to go into my "Movies" folder. When it is finished, the actual .mkv movie is inside /Movies/MKV/. Is there any way to make it so it rips straight to /Movies?
    Please click the round green icon button with a check mark at the right top corner of the DVDFab screen, open "Common Settings" window, click on "General", uncheck the option "Create files in subfolders of output directory." And then you will directly rip to /Movies.

Please check the illustration in the attachment.

Also, it automatically names the movies as [TITLE HERE].title4.mkv.. is it possible to just have the title itself, instead of .title4 in the middle of it?
    Please click on "Edit", open "Conversion settings", and then change the file name and title according to your needs(Check the illustration).

I think it's something to do with AC3 and DTS. I have been using Heartwaves "Popcorn" MKV audio converter and it seems to work fine, but is there a way to do this within DVDfab?
    Please choose AC-3 audio track, use generic.mkv.h264.mp3 profile to convert to see if the output file can play in your media extender.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sunny; 01-24-2011, 09:52 AM.

Comment

And finally, I use an older media extender. I don't have a great understanding of it, but I know when I rip newer movies, I need to convert the audio in order for it to play.. I think it's something to do with AC3 and DTS. I have been using Heartwaves "Popcorn" MKV audio converter and it seems to work fine, but is there a way to do this within DVDfab? That would make life so much easier!
      Originally posted by Anny View Post
      Please choose AC-3 audio track, use generic.mkv.h264.mp3 profile to convert to see if the output file can play in your media extender.
      Sorry to correct you Anny (since I believe you work for DVDFab).

@Acester

You will need to continue doing what you are doing to get the audio you need at the moment. You will almost always need to select the HD or DTS track when ripping from Blu-ray. The AC3 tracks in the same language are usually the director's commentary or for the hearing impaired. You can add your support for this feature request if you like:

DTS to AC3

Moving your thread to the Ripper forum.

Comment

One clarification I need to make. I was assuming that you are using the mkv.remux option for maximum video quality (and speed) and wanted to keep the surround sound audio. If you don't mind re-encoding the video then you can use the mkv.H264.ac3 profile and should not need to use the popcorn converter. If don't mind stereo output then you can use the profile that Anny suggested. However, you still need to select the HD/DTS track on most Blu-ray titles to get the correct audio output.

Comment

Working...
        X