Getting subtitles in file with remux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Getting subtitles in file with remux

When I chose the remux mode for ripping BD, the render directly yo video is not there. Is there some way to get a subtitle track, especially the one with forced subtitles, into a single remux mode mkv file or does remux always produce the sub and idx files?

Originally posted by olc View Post
    When I chose the remux mode for ripping BD, the render directly yo video is not there. Is there some way to get a subtitle track, especially the one with forced subtitles, into a single remux mode mkv file or does remux always produce the sub and idx files?
    Remux is a process of re-multiplexing (re-packing) the content from one container into another one, without any modifications to the coded stream. That's why nothing could be rendered into the video stream - there's no rendering process involved.
    As it stands now, DVDFab yields subs only in idx/sub format, and you need third party soft (e.g. SubtitleWorkshop to convert it into MKV-friendly format and mux it in with something like mkvmerge). It will take minutes.... DVDFab however, will be handling subs differently... soon, according to developers.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

May I suggest that it would be a nice option to be able to put the subtitles into the single mkv file when using remux.

Here's the issue. Some films, like The Girl Who Played With Fire have an English audio track and a foreign language one (Swedish in this case). I would like to make a faithful rip of the movie while having the option of viewing in English or viewing in Swedish with English subtitles. Remux makes a separate sub file which my BD player doesn't use.

Using audiocopy and ac3 modes restrict me to a less faithful copy and more important, to one language or the other.

Surely this feature could be incorporated with remux with the option to keep both audio tracks and subtitles.

Comment

As one member on the forums is found of pointing out, this feature has been on the request list for over a year. You should probably learn how to use the other free programs for now and then be pleasantly surprised some day when DVDFab can mux the subtitles for you in one step.

Comment

GUILTY AS CHARGED

But my statements below are correct:-

It has been well over a year
          There has been absolutely NIL response from the developers
          The FREE software has handled this fine for over a year with additional features requested of Fab and again not acknowledged
          It is becoming more of an issue since users are becoming more au fait with the capabilities of the MKV container.
          There is still an active DVD marketplace out there. Blu-Ray is not the be all and end all.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Do you have a good link to what software I need and how to use it?

I would like to get in 2 sudio tracks and Englsh subtitels in foreign movies where there are both original language and dubbed English tracks.

Comment

As this is a DVD Fab forum, it is an inappropriate place to ask such a question, poor ettiquete and against the Forum rules and spirit.

Unfortunately, you will have to do your own research.

Originally posted by olc View Post
              Do you have a good link to what software I need and how to use it?

I would like to get in 2 sudio tracks and Englsh subtitels in foreign movies where there are both original language and dubbed English tracks.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

That's a load

Originally posted by Complication View Post
                As one member on the forums is found of pointing out, this feature has been on the request list for over a year. You should probably learn how to use the other free programs for now and then be pleasantly surprised some day when DVDFab can mux the subtitles for you in one step.
                I'd agree if I didn't purchase this software. But I did so expecting something useful and I'd say necessary isn't unreasonable. I'd be pleasantly surprised if Ford stuck a V-12 in my Focus; but I'd EXPECT them to put seats! LOL.

Actually, I don't use DVDFab for anything but copying to the HD. I'd love to use their ripper but the options are too few and nothing I own uses the .sub format. I use **** to transcode to a smaller high quality file with subtitles I can turn on and off. Seriously, the subtitles and an expert mode are the only thing holding me back.

(Nothing malicious was meant or intended by this post. If you are upset or offended that's on you; I didn't intend it. Please read this with the good will it was posted with.)

Thanks
                Danneauxs

Comment

Working...
                X