AppleTV profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AppleTV profile

I'm in a similar boat - I want to rip DVDs and have them available for playback on my AppleTVs (1st gen and 2nd gen), iPad, iPhone, and possibly iPod Touches. I have been ripping my DVDs for a month or two now using the AppleTV profile, and I just discovered that these won't play on my iPhone. (they will play on my iPad).

Do I really need to go back and re-rip these DVDs if I want to view them on my iPhone/iPods?? Or is there another way to convert the files (I only have DVD Ripper licensed)?

Should I be using a different profile other than the ATV profile??

I didn't realize I should have gone and tested these files on every device to make sure it works. What a PITA.

Hi rawskyb,

Please add the appleTV format file to iTunes play list, then click on "Advanced" > choose "Create iPod or iPhone Version" to convert, see if the converted one can work on your iPhone or not.

If this method cannot work, please re-rip with "iPhone" profile to see the result.

Regards,

mona

Comment

Thanks Mona, I had never even noticed that setting in iTunes. Unfortunately, when I click this, iTunes kind of acts like it's doing something, but then after a while (sometimes a looooong while), it comes back and says there isn't enough memory (or disk space or something) to complete. I know it isn't a hard drive space option, since this drive has nearly 1TB free (it's a 1.5TB HDD).

Are you supposed to select individual files to convert, or does iTunes try to convert everything? I have a couple of dozen movies in iTunes, some ripped using DVDFab with the AppleTV profile, others ripped with other software. The ones ripped with other software seem to work fine on ATV and my iPhone.

I did find that if I use DVDFab with the iPhone profile, it does work. I haven't checked to see if those files are viewable on my ATV or not though.

Still pretty frustrating....

Comment

Working...
      X