No announcement yet.

No sound out of iPod on older movies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper No sound out of iPod on older movies?

Backed up most of my cartoon collection using Dvdfab DVD Ripper to install in my daughters iPod Classic and some of the older cartoons do not have audio, just video. The weird thing is that if I view them on my iTunes or media player on my laptop they play perfect with sound, just when I transfer them to my iPod with iTunes that I lose the sound. Newer movies like UP and Toy Story's have sound on the iPod but classics like 101 Dalmatians and Pinocchio don't transfer the sound over. Any tips? Thanks.

Have you tried clicking edit (after selecting movie) and setting the audio to stereo. Fab may be defaulting to an audio stream the iPod won't play?
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
      Have you tried clicking edit (after selecting movie) and setting the audio to stereo. Fab may be defaulting to an audio stream the iPod won't play?

But just on some movies? I'll have a look, thanks. BTW I never mess with the settings besides un clicking all the subtitle options.

Comment

Originally posted by Tacoeater View Post
        But just on some movies? I'll have a look, thanks. BTW I never mess with the settings besides un clicking all the subtitle options.
        That's why I suggested checking the audio channel, if not stereo the iPod won't play it when everything else does.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
          That's why I suggested checking the audio channel, if not stereo the iPod won't play it when everything else does.
          What I meant was most of the other movies have sound when I transfer them to the iPod, maybe 5 out of the 35 that I have transferred don't. They all play on other devices like my laptop and pc, with iTunes and with my media player.

Comment

Working...
          X