blu-ray to MKV the subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blu-ray to MKV the subtitles

I notice that when ripping a blu-ray to MKV the subtitles are still external to the MKV file, doesn't the MKV format include for subtitle streams?

Pete

The MKV stream CAN include multiple subtitle streams and multiple audio streams.

Fab just does not do it..... I regard this as a major shortcoming in MKV production.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Yes, that's the ONLY thing keeping this program from being perfect and me from purchasing it. I'm not crazy about the 'burn-in' subtitle option, though it's nice to have as an available feature.

Comment

Originally posted by dclin View Post
        Yes, that's the ONLY thing keeping this program from being perfect and me from purchasing it. I'm not crazy about the 'burn-in' subtitle option, though it's nice to have as an available feature.
        You can use a shareware program to "merge" the subs w/in the "mkv".
        You don't need to encode/reencode the file; presuming you're just making a passthrough (uncompressed) mkv file. Don't know if it would be an issue if you were, it's just that I don't compress my rips so I just don't know.

AMD Phenom II X4 3.2Ghz | Radeon HD 4670 | Win7 Pro x64 | 8 GB | Synology DS211j 5TB | Wired GbE | 2x WDTV Live + |

Comment

Yeah, MKVMerge works just fine, compressed or uncompressed to add in subtitles, audio tracks, chapter marks * names, album art & tags to the MKV file.

Do it all the time.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
          X