Losing sound at end of ripped video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Losing sound at end of ripped video

I am ripping episodes of The Big Bang Theory to stream to my XBOX 360.
    The resulting files, whether streamed to the XBOX or played on the PC, lose the audio about a minute from the end.
    It does this consistently no matter what settings I use.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.

So, no one has any idea?
    I ripped the whole DVD instead of just one episode at a time, same results. The very last scene of the last episode has no sound.

Comment

Obviously not otherwise they would have answered.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Have you tried playing the file on a PC?
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
          Have you tried playing the file on a PC?
          Yep. Same result - no sound the last several seconds.

Comment

Try ripping only the last episode. If that doesn't work then the obvious. Clean the disk and make sure there are no issues. Rip the disk to the hard drive first in DVD Format. Make sure there is audio issues with the last scene playing from the HD rip. Then convert it.

Comment

Originally posted by irishgrunt View Post
              Try ripping only the last episode. If that doesn't work then the obvious. Clean the disk and make sure there are no issues. Rip the disk to the hard drive first in DVD Format. Make sure there is audio issues with the last scene playing from the HD rip. Then convert it.
              Tried now with several different disks with the same result. If I rip a single episode, or the whole disk, it doesn't matter. At the end of every file, the last several seconds have no sound.

Comment

Originally posted by daeuco View Post
                Tried now with several different disks with the same result. If I rip a single episode, or the whole disk, it doesn't matter. At the end of every file, the last several seconds have no sound.
                Are the "several different disks" all from the same series? Have you tired a movie DVD? It could be something about the authoring of this particular series.

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
                  Are the "several different disks" all from the same series? Have you tired a movie DVD? It could be something about the authoring of this particular series.
                  Good point. I'll try something completely different and see how that goes.

Comment

Working...
                  X