xbox360.wmv.wma10 audio issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) xbox360.wmv.wma10 audio issue

I'm backing up my a few http://forum.dvdfab.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10f my blu-rays into WMV files for storage on my home server and playback on my xbox 360s. I started testing out DVDFab 8. I was using 8.0.6.8, then upgraded to 8.0.7.3 yesterday. Both are having the same issue, for some reason, when using any bitrate (I've tried anywhere from 256 to 512), my rear right audio channel is so quiet, it might as well not be on. I decided to make a test backup using DVDFab 7, as there have been issues in the past that suggested that as an alternative, DVDFab 7 works fine (using max bitrate, 256), all channels come through perfectly. Does anyone know of a fix for this, or is there a bug in the WMV Audio codec? I'd like to take advantage of the higher audio bitrate. Plus, the video in DVDFab 7 was not as good as the video in version 8

As a side note, to remove the audio sync issues, all of my video settings have already been switched to "software" and this problem does not appear to be my computer, as I have tried it on two completely different systems. Both running Windows 7 64bit.

SOURCE FILE TYPE:Bluray ISO, ripped from DVDFab 8 using Clone option
    SOURCE VIDEO TYPE:Bluray
    SOURCE VIDEO RESOLUTION:1080p
    SOURCE AUDIO TYPE:TrueHD, DTSHD, doesn't seem to matter
    DVDFab VERSION:8.0.7.3
    DVDFab PROFILE:xbox360.wmv.wma10
    OUTPUT RESOLUTION:1920x***
    OUTPUT AUDIO: 5.1 Multichannel (256-512)
    OUTPUT CROP:Auto crop
    OUTPUT BITRATE:15000
    OUTPUT PASSES:1

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by AGJ; 02-02-2011, 05:11 AM.

I've spent some more time looking into the issue I was having above. I have ripped a few more of my Blu-rays in and have found something interesting. If the Blu-ray audio track is 5.1 by default, the sound output is fine, I can set it to whatever bitrate I want, always works. However, if the Blu-ray's audio track is 7.1, the rear right speakers audio is almost non-existent. I believe the issue may be with the the DVDFab profile for wma10 encoding, in which it isn't grabbing the correct audio channel for the rear right track.

If anyone else has the time, would they please see if they can replicate this. You don't need to rip an entire movie to test it, just the first chapter will generally do.

The movies I have been testing with are:

5.1 audio - Blazing Saddles, Mask, Dodgeball...All of these the audio is fine

7.1 audio - Cop Out, Iron Man 2, Scott Pilgrim vs the World....All of these have the back right audio missing.

All the above tests were with 8.0.7.3

Comment

Working...
    X