Failed RIP Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Failed RIP Question

First time post... Hope I'm posting this to the right forum. It is a ripping question but I'm using HD Decrypter.

I've successfully ripped about 30 blu-ray and DVD concert videos that I own. However, there is one that I'm having problems with -- Shania Twain Up Concert in DVD format.

It recognizes the DVD by identifying the correct label (shania_twain_up) as the Source location. However, right from the beginning I can tell it's going to fail. The pre-scan only takes a fraction of the time it takes for other rip's, approximately 3 sec. Then, whether I choose DVD 5 or 9 I get a Quality setting of 100. And finally, when I press Start it completes the Rip process in a few seconds.

It ends up ripping the FBI Warning and the opening title menu and that's it. The DVD plays without any problems from the drive and appears to be in good shape.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi Daveon

You may try to disable path player, to do this Open Fab Click the Green top right > Protection > Path Player click Disable Path Player click OK restart Fab and try again, just remember to set it back to Always Enabled.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

That did the trick, thank you CBR929.

Having a look at the documentation I read the following,

"PathPlayer gives DVDFab the ability to copy DVD content only allowed to be played on a real DVD player. In this way, DVDFab will ignore unplayable content which may contain copy protection."

The description above refers to a "real DVD player", and by that I'm assuming a table top unit. Yet, the DVD plays fine on my computer. Just curious what players might not allow playing of this DVD.

Thanks again.
      Dave

Comment

Working...
      X