No announcement yet.

What are .sub and .idx files for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) What are .sub and .idx files for?

Get these in addition to the mkv file when using remux mode. How do I use them? How do I get the subtitles to work from these?

Is there no way to create the .mkv file so that audio (two languages) and subtitles (one language) are embedded in the .mkv file and selectable during playback?

Remux will do both tracks + subtitles but accessing them is a mystery. The other rip modes allow only one language track so if I want the option to see the movie in English or the foreign language with subtitles, I have make two rips into separate files.

You are correct. This is a shortcoming of Fab and no indication has been give on the implementation timeframe.

Originally posted by olc View Post
    Get these in addition to the mkv file when using remux mode. How do I use them? How do I get the subtitles to work from these?

Is there no way to create the .mkv file so that audio (two languages) and subtitles (one language) are embedded in the .mkv file and selectable during playback?

Remux will do both tracks + subtitles but accessing them is a mystery. The other rip modes allow only one language track so if I want the option to see the movie in English or the foreign language with subtitles, I have make two rips into separate files.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
      You are correct. This is a shortcoming of Fab and no indication has been give on the implementation timeframe.
      I looked in the forum for requesting enhancements and didn't find it. It has to be there.

I'd hate to have to buy yet another product that does this.

Comment

It has been on the requests for over a year.

You don't have to buy anything. FREE software will already do this!!!

Originally posted by olc View Post
        I looked in the forum for requesting enhancements and didn't find it. It has to be there.

I'd hate to have to buy yet another product that does this.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
        X