MKV H264.ac3 2-pass problems BD Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) MKV H264.ac3 2-pass problems BD Ripper

I am having the following trouble consistently with BD Ripper (previous versions up to and including 8.0.7.3) when using H264.AC3 with MKV container. This behaviour applies to all blu-ray sources. Please let me know if there is anything additional I need to change in settings, or is this an issue with the software itself. Note that I have a CUDA enabled graphics card and have up to date drivers. The only software changes I have made from default settings are A/V Codec as follows. In no cases am I getting any error message from BD Ripper.

1. With any A/V Codec setting, 1-pass video rendering, no file problems (audio/video output is OK), but I want 2-pass video quality.

2. With A/V Codec setting at CUDA decoder and Software+CUDA encoder, 2-pass, the video freezes at about 90% through the film, although the audio continues.

3. With A/V Codec setting at CUDA decoder and software only encoder, 2-pass, the video and audio freezes at about 3-5 seconds before the end of the film. Still annoying.

4. With A/V Codec setting at software only decoder and encoder, 2-pass, there are no noticeable problems. However, the rendering takes nearly twice as long than with CUDA enabled.

Any suggestions?

Sounds like your CUDA setup is having difficulty where the movie is stitched together by the author. When you say "multiple sources", are these all the same studio (e.g. Disney, Universal, etc.)?

Comment

Working...
    X