Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper MKV - Resolution Output and Chapters

Hello everyone:

I've run several searches of the forum and found threads on these topics but many are months old and so I thought I'd see if there was any resolution.

I would like to convert my DVDs to MKV files with Chapter info but run into 2 issues:

When I use the MKV Remux profile, I've found that the resolution is automatically set and unchangable -- the resulting video resolution is smaller than the original and requires me to zoom in when viewing on my television.

Second -- it does not allow for the encoding of chapters. It's nice to be able to skip through the DVD files based on the chapter lists. (I note that it does appear to work for BluRay.)

I'm guessing that the programers at DVDFab are working to create these features (if they haven't already, and if they have, can someone please help!)

However, I'm wondering if there's a better alternative? I'm using XBMC through AppleTV which supports all of your standard files types, but currently does not support ISO or the NFO files that would by default allow me to play the VBO files with chapter information.

Any help that any of you could provide would be most welcome.

Many thanks,

SM

DVD display aspect ratio has been fixed with the latest beta release - see thread on topic . Get beta .
    Chapters in mkv made from DVD would be nice, and yes, they come through when making mkv's from BR.
    Last edited by tjkaz; 03-06-2011, 03:26 PM.

AMD Phenom II X4 3.2Ghz | Radeon HD 4670 | Win7 Pro x64 | 8 GB | Synology DS211j 5TB | Wired GbE | 2x WDTV Live + |

Comment

Many thanks -- if the MKV chapter list is still an issue, I may hold off until it's addressed in one of the betas.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X