Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do default resolution settings match the source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Do default resolution settings match the source?

Question: When ripping a DVD or Blu-ray do the default resolution settings match that of the source?

I notice that there are higher resolutions on offer, but if it’s already matched to source then perhaps no point in messing with it. I don’t know how to investigate the source externally to understand its resolution.

I’ve browsed the support documentation,FAQs and forum posts (to page 25) but did not find a precise answer. I’m somewhat of a novice to this, but on the plus side think I’ve got my head around Bitrate, Bits/Pixel trade-off and export formats/settings to experiment with.

Any answer would be much appreciated.

PS. Just purchased DVD Ripper and Blu-ray ripper, all going well so far, no issues, it’s doing what it says it does! Looks like a good product with a decent knowledge base behind it, excellent

DVDs allow video that is 720x480. By default, DVDFab is going to automatically crop any black bars to save space. The default resolution should by 720x??? or 704x??? depending on the movie. You are correct in that there is no point selecting a resolution higher than 720 as your just asking DVDFab to take up more space for he same level of detail. Your TV or playback device will upscale the image on-the-fly to match what your TV can do.

Comment

Working...
    X