Opitmal Format to Rip DVD/BR to iPad2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Opitmal Format to Rip DVD/BR to iPad2

I just purchased the ipad2, which is my first iPad. I'm looking forward to watching movies on it and wanted to ask about the best way to do this. I've been using DVDFab for years to back up my DVD/BR collection. My DVDs are in folder format and BR is ISO. I assume I should use the DVD/BR Ripper software? Within them, which profile should I use? From doing some reading in the forum, it seems as if the "iPad" profile is not necessarily the right profile. I've seen some people say that it has had issues and they've suggested using AppleTV pre-set, which I don't even see as an option.

I'm more interested in optimizing quality than preserving disc space (I bought the 64Gb and don't plan on storing movies, i.e., will move on/off as I watch). Basically I'd like something that will enable me to take advantage of the new HDMI output capability and that will look best on a HD TV.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Hey, Rob_NYC,

With both DVD&BD Ripper, iPad mode is available, but Apple TV mode is currently with DVD Ripper only, the BD counterpart is still under development.

You should use iPad mode to create for iPad 2.

Have a try, any problem, contact Support Team at service@dvdfab.com or post here so that those old timers would lend you a helping hand.

Comment

Thanks, I will try as you suggest. I'm actually getting ready to rip a DVD to iPad preset and I see an option to change to iPad.h264.1080p. Is that recommended for better quality, i.e., if I want to "mirror" off my ipad to hdtv via hdmi?

Comment

Originally posted by Rob_NYC View Post
        Thanks, I will try as you suggest. I'm actually getting ready to rip a DVD to iPad preset and I see an option to change to iPad.h264.1080p. Is that recommended for better quality, i.e., if I want to "mirror" off my ipad to hdtv via hdmi?

Yeah, the quality will be good with "iPad.h264.1080p", but we get a problem here: iTunes does not transfer 1080p videos, so you may turn to a third party software, eg, GoodReader to transfer it to your iPad, and then mirror it to your HDTV.

Comment

Working...
        X