Frame Rate Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Frame Rate Issue

See attached media info for a DVD ripped using mkv.remux where Fab did not carry through the same frame rate as the original; 23.976 vs original 29.97. As one would expect, the video played too slow and audio was way out of sync.
    Used the latest release 8.0.8.5, but have seen this issue for some time - probably has always been there but seems to be a problem with this DVD for me.
    Attached Files

AMD Phenom II X4 3.2Ghz | Radeon HD 4670 | Win7 Pro x64 | 8 GB | Synology DS211j 5TB | Wired GbE | 2x WDTV Live + |

Hi tjkaz,

I just tried Mkv.remux profile with one movie, the original frame rate is 23.976, and the output mkv file's frame rate is 23.976 too.

Please specify the a)full title, b)region code, c) country, d) release date of the disc that you're experiencing issues with. Then we will check where the problem is with it. Thanks.

Comment

I note that the problem child is a Bocelli Concert....

In the past I have had an enormous amount of problems with audio sync ONLY on concert DVD's and have come to the conclusion that most of them are poorly authored because of the low volume production.

To the extent that I would rip and reauthor them before I attempted to do anything else with them.

Just my 02 cents worth.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Have you tried using the 29.97? as you can change the selection instead of using what DVDFab selects

Comment

Thanks All.
          a. The title is Andrea Boceli: Under the Desert Sky
          b. DVD Region is All Regions
          c. release date - January 23, 2007 (you have to love google)

AGJ, didn't know I could change frame rate in mkv.remux. I did, however, use mkvmerge to change the frame rate and re-generate the mkv - which seemed to work fine.

I think GB is right as these concert DVDs seem to be problematic. I have not seen this issue with other DVDs that I've backed up.

Thanks again!

AMD Phenom II X4 3.2Ghz | Radeon HD 4670 | Win7 Pro x64 | 8 GB | Synology DS211j 5TB | Wired GbE | 2x WDTV Live + |

Comment

Working...
          X