Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper 2 pass and CUDA does not seem to be working

Hello

I am running DVDFab 8.0.8.5 when I use DVD-Ripper to encode to H.264 and I choose 1 pass quality DVDFab uses CUDA (says so in the info) and encodes at a rate around 250 FPS, but when I choose 2 pass, it never says anything about CUDA in the info and only encodes at a rate around 91 FPS.

Any Ideas?

I am using a Toshiba Qosmio X505 Core I7 Q740 @ 1.73GHz laptop with a GeForce GTX 460M video card with 1.5MB dedicated memory with 192 CUDA cores. I am using Driver version 259.12 on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Thanks Bern

Well, I would say you are lucky! In my case on 2-pass conversion, when it comes to a second pass process just dies. However, I did compare quality of content process by DVDFab 1-pass and ME-processed, and found no reduction in quality. Despite the odd conversion settings in DVDFab 1-pass, it seems works really well. So, I would suggest to use 1-pass process and relax, enjoy the ride.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I do use 1 pass, but I have some movies that look better in 2 pass.

No comments from DVDFab?

Comment

I notice on mine also that 2pass usually drops some FPS, but not as extreme as yours. My GTX470 has 448 cores, so not sure if that has something to do with it.

Comment

Working...
        X