Cant increase bitrate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Cant increase bitrate

I've tried converting The Prince of Egypt dvd into both xvid avi formats and MP4 h264 formats. The resolution is set to 720 x 405 for 16:9 ratio. No matter how high I set the bitrate, it can't seem to exceed around a 1300 bitrate which always creates around a 1.3 gb file. It says the bitrate is higher, but I know it's not since the filesize is the same.

Right now this bitrate produces too low of a quality when I watch the ripped movie on a 22 inch television. Is this simply the limit that this software can do, or is there a way to increase the bitrate?

I'm pretty new at this by the way, so go easy with the technical stuff if you can :P

Update: I've found a method that allows me to greatly increase the bitrate. I can only do it with single pass h264. When I used double pass that bitrate wasn't able to go above 1300, but it can go very high when I use single pass. Xvid avi conversions always max out around 1300 kbps whether they're single or double; I guess that's just their limit. I don't mind that the double pass h264 doesn't work for me since it takes too long anyways. Sry to waste space with this thread. I had been trying for a week to figure this out and I just did. Overall, I love dvdfab compared to other programs I have.

Comment

Working...
    X