Audio sync issue please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Audio sync issue please

I've seen a lot of similar posts, and I'm having trouble with an older dvd movie called My Bodyguard. Audio and video are about 10 seconds apart toward the end of the film, but perfect at the beginning. I've tried all the methods posted here, and nothing worked. Support told me to try adjusting the Framerate and Fixed Bitrate, but I don't know enough about these (like do I adjust the numbers up or down or what?)
    I'm ripping from the dvd to mp4 for ipad. Other dvds work ok. Any tips?

Hi CheapTom
    You may give this a try, download Media Info here http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en and check the frame rate of the original source that you rip to your hard drive, when converting make sure to select the same frame rate as the original source in the drop down box.
    Hope this helps
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Audio Sync--Wicker Man dvd

Hello,
      Sorry to all the admins for a previous post of mine. I am new and I sent it before I had read the rules. My fault, and I hope this post is better.

DVDFab 8.0.8.5. I used the basic parameters and didn't edit anything. I just put the dvd in and began the rip.
      I seem to be getting audio-video syncing issues on most dvds, but not all. "Wicker Man" is probably the worst, with the sound and picture about 10 fulls seconds apart.
      I use Windows XP
      I check the sync issues with VLC media player.

----------Media Info Report is here:
      Video
      ID : 224 (0xE0)
      Format : MPEG Video
      Format version : Version 2
      Bit rate mode : Variable
      Width : 720 pixels
      Height : 480 pixels
      Display aspect ratio : 4:3
      Frame rate : 29.970 fps
      Standard : NTSC
      Compression mode : Lossy

--------My DVDFab log is below:

DVDFab 8.0.8.5 (2011/03/27 10:32:44)

0m 02.71s: option dvd2dvd 0 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 0 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 0 filemover 0
      0m 14.39s: detected dvd
      0m 14.46s: drive G
      0m 14.46s: dvd type 1
      0m 14.46s: volume label WICKER_MAN_EXTENDED
      0m 16.70s: got copyright 0 fe
      0m 17.14s: got udf/iso
      0m 17.71s: got discinfo
      0m 17.73s: pathplayer enabled
      0m 37.17s: got dvdinfo
      0m 37.34s: opened dvd
      1m 26.68s:

------ begin mobile work(1/1) ------

1m 26.68s: create config(0)
      1m 26.68s: convert profile(iPad.h264)
      1m 27.01s: dvd title(1) angle(0) chapter(1->29)
      1m 27.01s: stream(480,2,1) stream(128,86019,1)
      1m 29.75s: not set correct fourcc for video(28)
      1m 29.75s: info: set output video frame_rate(24000/1001)
      1m 30.90s: h264_encode: encode param profile(0) level(30) bitrate(1015)
      17m 54.87s:

------ finish mobile work ------

Comment

Two threads merged.

Comment

Hi CheapTom
          Try changing you frame rate as suggested before to match the input frame rate. Frame rate : 29.970 fps with the edit button near the bottom of the screen, and check if you still have the sync issues.
          Hope this helps
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

CBR929,
            That worked perfectly on several of the DVDs I was having trouble with. Thanks so much for your help and for explaining clearly. Much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by CheapTom View Post
              CBR929,
              That worked perfectly on several of the DVDs I was having trouble with. Thanks so much for your help and for explaining clearly. Much appreciated!
              Glad your having better results with some of them now.
              CBR929

Comment

greets from the uk

i too have had a few audio sync problems (using dvd ripper > ipad) which i have managed to sort by manually matching the framerate as descibed below

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                Hi CheapTom
                Try changing you frame rate as suggested before to match the input frame rate. Frame rate : 29.970 fps with the edit button near the bottom of the screen, and check if you still have the sync issues.
                Hope this helps
                CBR929
                is this issue only relevent to the latest build or is it something i will need to look out for each time i process a conversion?

on another note, i notice the default audio bitrate is set at 98kpbs. is there any real benefit to incresing to 128kbps or 160kbps? i ask as when testing aother converter, it would default to 160kbps. the movies once converted are only likely to be viewed on the ipad with some headphone use.

Comment

Help pixelating and audio/sound issues

I downloaded the mediaInfo but I am still having problems with my videos pixelating and the sound and audio not syncing.

What do I need to do to get this to work. Please help me.

Tami

Comment

Hi 4kids4me

Originally posted by 4kids4me View Post
                    I downloaded the mediaInfo but I am still having problems with my videos pixelating and the sound and audio not syncing.

What do I need to do to get this to work. Please help me.

Tami
                    It would be better if you can post more information, like which option, which profile,etc.

And as well post your internal logs for analyzing, the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                    or for Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Regards,
                    mona

Comment

where is box to change the "fps" ?

sorry new to dvdfab. i clicked edit on the original convert screen but do not see the area to set the fps. can anyone provide more guidance as to the step-by-step please?

thx

Comment

Originally posted by rob74 View Post
                        sorry new to dvdfab. i clicked edit on the original convert screen but do not see the area to set the fps. can anyone provide more guidance as to the step-by-step please?

thx
                        Hi rob74
                        Need more information as to what profile you are using, not "all profiles" have the option to change frame rate.
                        Awaiting your reply
                        CBR929

Comment

Working...
                        X