This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Command Line for XBOX360 mode runs Zune mode

I had a friend test this out too with the same result, so it's not just me.

I am running version 6.2.0.5. When I run the command line specifying the mode to be "XBOX360" and try to specify a profile of xbox360.wmv.wma9 or anything like this, it tells me it needs to a zune profile. Also, once it opens the app, it is in the zune section, NOT the XBOX 360 section.

Obviously this is not a viable option for me. I want ultra high quality conversions to playback over an XBOX 360.

I have to believe this is a bug that needs to be fixed.

Also, trying to hack a solution, I tried modifying one of the zune profiles to something more inline with what I wanted, and the resolution I set manually (which works perfectly well in the 360 section) created a file that WAS the resolution I specified... but the actual video playback portion was squashed in the middle looking something like a 640x480 square. I was guessing that this was a limitation being imposed by the Zune mode, so no matter what you set that as, it will not allow video outside of some resolution.

Almost a month and NO REPLY???

I'm a little shocked that nearly a month has gone by and there is NO REPLY to this post... not even an acknowledgement that the problem exists and is known by the developers.

Anyone??

Comment

Maybe this will help you? http://forum.dvdfab.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31
      "You've got a hole in your soul if you don't dig the Blues"

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"

Click to join forum.dvdfab.com

Comment

Multiple posting is not going to get you any help especially when you have not posted any of the info listed in the Help Us Help You

If you do not post the info needed for us to help then you get no reply simple

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
          Bob,

Thank you SOO much! *This* is actually VERY helpful, but it kind of upsets me since this same information is NOT available via the installed product. Using the ".\[path]\DVDFab.exe /?" only provides a VERY basic listing of options, and the readme.txt that is included with the install does NOT list the correct mode switches (apparently... at least according to the post you directed me to). The readme.txt only lists "XBOX360" as a mode, which I pointed out actually launches the "DVD to Mobile" Zune mode, NOT the XBOX 360 mode. The post you directed me to lists "DVDXBOX360" for the "DVD to Mobile" mode switch... but I just tried to run that with version 6.2.0.5 (11/11/2009) and it throws an error that "/MODE param is missing or wrong", and then proceeds to list what the valid modes are, "DVDXBOX360" not being one of them and "XBOX360" being valid.

However, if I run the "XBOX360" mode switch parameter, like I said, the Zune mode is actually what's run and it throws an error that the profile param is incorrect and suggests Zune mode based profiles... which brings me right back to my original post.

So, the command line interface for "DVD to Mobile" using the XBOX 360 mode is broken, or the parameters are not correct.

I'm going to try and attach the screen capture of the error.

Please let me know what else you would like me to include, if anything.
          Attached Files

Comment

Upgrade to 6.2.1.0 Beta.

That is where the command line fixes have been applied.

There also is a "commandline.txt" document which has the updated usage.

I suggest before you launch into an unjustified tirade such as above, you check this forum and what upgrades/fixes have come out.

There is also another post in the Knowledgebase giving example usage.
            Last edited by GregiBoy; 12-03-2009, 07:19 PM.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

For example:-

Dear all,

DVDFab 6.2.1.0 Beta is out (December 1, 2009):

http://174.142.97.100/download/DVDFab6210Beta.exe

Please post feedback for this version only in this thread, thanks.

What's New:

New: Command line are fully supported, please read Commandline.txt in installation folder or in the forum Knowledge Base.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Step back Gregiboy

A paying customer asked for support and expressed surprise when he didnt get any and that is considered a tirad??? Huh. Nevermind the fact that in response you point him to a beta release and that was only availible for a few days. Come on GregiBoy. Don't take a software bug so personally. Step back and help a paying customer. The customer was frustrated and you had to do was be clear and polite. Not so hard.

Comment

Let's get something straight here.

He launched into his tirade AFTER he had been pointed to the CLI update thread which clearly says it is implemented in 6.1.2.0 (if you have taken the time and followed the link) and then said that it would not work with 6.2.0.5.....

If people cannot bother to read and then just launch into verbose rubbish such as this on this forum, I will continue to pull them up.

As this is your first post, you may not understand the concept of this forum.

It is users helping users and none of us mods or admins have any commercial link with Fab so don't come the "Paying Customer" crap with me.

Which begs me to ask "Are you a stooge for one of Fab's competitors?"

Comment

This post is now closed....

Comment

Working...
                    X