This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File Size

I just converted a DVD to play on my ipod, but the output file is huge. How can I make it smaller? What does the aspect ratio do? btw-i'm using version 6.2.0.5
    thx

Need more details:-

Exact profle, etc, etc

Please refer to my "Best Practice: DVD to Mobile" & "Help Us to Help You:" posts in my signature below.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks GregiBoy, the DVD to Mobile guide helped, but I'm still having problems. I downloaded the latest version as a trial, and I can't seem to figure out how to create a profile, or what that means. I can't find anything in a forum. I have a DVD that I've rip down using your method, but when I use the DVD to Mobile function the output file is over 1GB. I have a few other DVDs that I've ripped down and converted for my ipod that are only about 500MB. How can I select the output size? Is there a user guide?

Thanks.

Comment

Use an iPod profile that is already there in Fab (I thinke there are 4-5 but I don't use them myself)

Adjust the bitrate and resolution if necessary.

Lower bitrate = Smaller filesize
        Smaller Resolution = Smaller filesize

There is a tutorial here:-

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I read the user guide, checked the profile, adjusted the Bitrate way down, changed the resolution way down, and the file size is STILL close to 2 GBs. I'm getting discouraged...

Comment

You have to be doing something wrong here. A 720 x 400 DVD AVI @ 1100 bitrate comes out at around at only 1Gb.

Bitrate ????

Comment

Working...
            X