No announcement yet.

I think I broke M2TS ripping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) I think I broke M2TS ripping?

First 5 of my BD collection I ripped just fine to M2TS. Then I started playing with bit rate settings (trying to get more) and now I can't get any new M2TS rip to play.

Files I ripped previously still play fine.

Trying to rip BD to 1280 x ### 720p M2TS file. Options I am choosing are: start DVDFab, select BD Ripper => M2TS, get bit rate for 1080p setting,choose 720p setting bit rate to match 1080p bit rate.

My goal in increasing the bit rate of 720p was to create a better quality rip than the default 720p setting.

Now, even if I don't modify the bit rate, the finished file will not play (trying windows media player and VLC).

More strange: During encode process, I can copy the file that's being created, say at 250MB or 1GB, and it plays just fine.

Thoughts?

I now realized I forgot some info:
    Using 8.0.8.5 release and using Blu-ray Ripper m2ts.ac3.high_quality profile.
    Have tried to rip to hard drive first or direct from blu-ray disc. No difference.

windows 7 64-bit
    16GB ram
    i5 2500K @ 4.4Ghz
    Asus ATI 6870 video card

There are no errors given and DVDFab does not crash.
    internal log file attached.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi chpfsusb,

Please open My Computer and go to c:\Program Files (OR) wherever you installed DVDFab, delete the "DVDFab8" folder. Then reinstall the latest release DVDFab 8085 to try m2ts.ac3.high_quality profile again.

Please open Common Settings->General->A/V Codec, set all the video decoder options and video encoder options as Software, then convert to see the result.
      Last edited by sunny; 04-01-2011, 04:10 AM.

Comment

sunny,

I did as requested, there is no change. The completed M2TS file does not play.

Comment

All:

Please disregard. The re-encode/rip is fine. I can stream it to my PS3, I can play it in Cyberlink's PowerDVD.

I don't know why VLC and Windows Media Player won't play it yet, but it's not a DVDFab issue.

Comment

Working...
          X