This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio Sync Problem w/ movie UP

I ripped Up 27(1) with DVD-to-DVD Main Movie PathPlayer Always On DVD9 with DVDFab 6.2.0.5 on a Vista PC.

I play the VOB's and it looks and sounds great.

Then I try to DVD-to-Mobile XBox360 with 2-Pass and there are 3 choices: 1(1), 1(2), and 1(3). I converted 1(1) and the audio is out of sync each time.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

I read GregiBoy's Best Practices and noticed he first ripped the Full Disc instead of just the Main Movie, so I thought I would try that on "Up". Next, when I try DVD-to-Mobile Xbox 360, the largest track is #89 at 7:42. Tracks 27 and 50 are not even listed as options.

Comment

I think it's been a reported bug for that profile in regards to your 1st post but can't say for sure. I did convert that movie to generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy and everything looks great. someone else may shed some light on the xbox profile.

Comment

I have converted perhaps around 200 DVDs in my library for use with a Windows Media Center Extender using the same procedure (DVD-to-DVD Main Movie and then DVD-to-Mobile Xbox360) and none of them ran into this problem.

I figured it was specific to "Up" because I never had multiple choices before with Main Movie (.ie 27(1), 27(2), 27(3), 50(1), 50(2) and 50(3)) and then multiple choices with Mobile (1(1), 1(2), 1(3)).

Also I never did a Full Movie rip before and then not have any options for Mobile (no file over 8 min.)

Comment

Use 6.2.0.5, pathplayer on to get your Main Movie.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
            Use 6.2.0.5, pathplayer on to get your Main Movie.
            I did.

And I still had many tracks to choose from:

27 (1, 2, & 3) 1:36.05
            57 (1, 2, & 3) 1:35.40

Is there one selection that is best?

I ripped 27(1) and 57(1) and they both seem to have the audio in sync when you play the VOB files on Windows Media Player.

The problem seems to be the second step, when I try to convert them to Xbox360 and there are 3 choices:

1 (1, 2, & 3) 1:36.03

That's when the audio sync problems occur.

Thank you for any help.

Comment

Has anyone had success converting the movie "Up" to wmv?

Comment

Is there any other information that I need to provide?

Is this a known problem and it just hasn't been addressed yet?

Has anybody been able to create a successful .WMV copy of "UP"?

Comment

I don't have the movie, but I believe the multiple choices are because of multiple points of view in the movie which is a rarely added feature. I don't have a multi-POV title handy, I wonder if one of the DVD modes can be used to slim down to one POV. Then you could do a DVD to Mobile on that. I've heard of a lot of codecs that get the audio sync wrong when there are multi-POVs, it is not just DVDFab.

Comment

Originally posted by think1 View Post
                    Is there any other information that I need to provide?

Is this a known problem and it just hasn't been addressed yet?

Has anybody been able to create a successful .WMV copy of "UP"?
                    No, I have had the exact same problem. I've tried six ways to Sunday, main movie, full movie, pathplayer enabled, pathplayer disabled etc. Full movie doesn't result in a valid movie list (I looked at every single clip) and main movie is fine just viewing the .vob on the computer but everything is out of sync when converted to .wmv. Maddening.

Comment

So, is there a way to solve the multi-POV problem?

Comment

I had hoped that one of the more knowledgeable people on DVD to DVD would step in and tell us how to transfer a title down from multi-angle to single. Do keep in mind that I am only guessing that that is the problem here.

If you have also have File to Mobile you may be able to do a 2-step process. I think you can use VOB Passthrough to get down to one angle and then use File to Mobile to generate the file your really want.

Comment

I only convert to Xvid .avi files to use in my archos (I was too cheap to buy the H.264 plugin) and I always find the alternate angle to be present as a separate Title or VOB file.

The Audio Sync is an annoying problem, it doesn't happen often, but when it does, re running the conversion usually fixes the problem. If that doesn't work I use an earlier version of DVD Fab for the conversion (e.g. 5.x), often they are faster as well.
                          Last edited by davecuk; 11-23-2009, 08:06 PM.

Comment

I understand that any profile that does WMV has audio sync problems and it has been reported to the developers.
                            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Having similar issues myself.

Full Movie results in multiple titles that are segments of the movie. I've tried DVD to DVD (HDD) and only selected specified "angles" and still get the same issue here.

Tagging this thread in the event that someone has an update.

Comment

Working...
                              X