Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Chapters with MKV Conversion

Hi all (mostly to Devs)

Any word on when the DVD to MKV ripper will support inclusion of chapter info?

My trial period is just about up, but this is kind of a dealbreaker for me as far as purchasing the suite. Absolutely love the software, however, but this is a glaring omission in the available options. Any news would be great!

For everyone else -- what other viable ripping options in DVDFab will allow me to include chapter info in the container? MKV is outstanding with BluRay (and includes chapter info) but it's just frustrating that it's still not available in DVDFab for DVDs. (and I know other software includes it but none of them give me the amazing customization/options/easy use that DVDFab offers.)

Many thanks to all,

SM

Originally posted by SMcVey View Post
    ... what other viable ripping options in DVDFab will allow me to include chapter info in the container?
    Try to use mkvmerge to work your chapters after processing with DVDFab. Mkvmerge even have built-in chapter editor...
    At least while devs working on chapters part of DVDFab
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Thanks IPop, can mkvmerge auto-extract the chapter info from a disc, do whatever it does, and than allow me to just re-insert into the MKV I created with DVD Fab? I downloaded and installed and tried to figure it out with Phantom Menace, but whenever I try to open the VOBs it says they are encrypted or something and can't be opened.

Many thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

You need to copy/decrypt the DVD to your hard disk first using Fab, then use Chapter Grabber. This will give you an XML chapter file to merge.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
        X