Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Audio out of sync

hi all

I was just wondering if there is a problem with DVD ripper with out of sync audio. I have tried everything I can to solve the problem that I'm getting, with it. Every film I ripper to my hard drive, which I play back from my media player to my television the audio is always out of sync. I have tried to change the FPS settings but still no good. I downloaded MEDIA INFO which gave me the actual FPS on the original disk. So I set the frame rate the same but still no joy. I have a paid version of dvd ripper, the reason why I got fab is because it's so easy to use, but unfortunately rippering a dvd to hard drive and trying to get the audio to sync properly is like a minefield. I hope someone can help with this problem. Thank you for all your help on this matter.
    :) never look down on anyone unless you're looking down at them to help them up:)

how can someone help if not have the internal log file to look at

Comment

Audio out of sync

hi I hope this is what you mean by the log. I tried it with pathplayer on/ off.
      The original DVD plays fine. I've tried playing it from my media player to TV and still no joy. I then copied it from my hard drive to a usb stick and put that in my media player still out of sync, about half a minute out.

DVDFab 8.0.8.5 (2011/04/06 09:37:41)

0m 00.96s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
      0m 04.15s: detected dvd
      0m 04.18s: drive H
      0m 04.18s: dvd type 1
      0m 04.18s: volume label PARTY_PARTY
      0m 04.93s: got copyright 0 0
      0m 05.26s: got udf/iso
      0m 05.92s: got discinfo
      0m 05.92s: pathplayer enabled
      0m 11.53s: got dvdinfo
      0m 11.53s: opened dvd
      1m 31.34s:

------ begin mobile work(1/1) ------

1m 31.34s: create config(0)
      1m 31.34s: convert profile(generic.avi.divx.mp3)
      1m 32.73s: dvd title(1) angle(0) chapter(1->17)
      1m 32.73s: stream(480,2,1) stream(128,86019,1)
      1m 32.73s: info: set output video frame_rate(25/1)
      55m 54.07s: audio_encode finish job
      56m 44.82s:

------ finish mobile work ------
      :) never look down on anyone unless you're looking down at them to help them up:)

Comment

Hi tdk
        Sorry to hear that you are having problems.
        I have done a bunch of tests on the profile that you are using and all of the ones that I have left as default settings were out of sync.

The ones that I have changed the FPS using Media Info to match the original FPS were in perfect sync.

A few questions:
        Are you coping to HDD first and then converting from the file on your HDD, or converting from the disc it self???

If the later do not do this, always copy to HDD first and then convert from that file that is already on your HDD, and setting the FPS to match the original.

You may also try using an older version found here http://www.oldapps.com/dvdfab.php 8073 which I have tested and leaving settings as default produced perfect sync.
        You can have more than one version of 8 installed if you want.
        To do this:
        During install when the screen comes up for destination folder I put C:\Program Files\DVDFab 8073 and start menu folder I put DVDFab 8073, I change the blue from DVD Fab8, and add 073 after the 8, which will allow me to have more than one version installed, right now I have 5 versions of 8 installed and running, it will not put 2 icons on your desktop but, click start on your desktop, all programs scroll to DVD Fab and it will be there.

Remember that older versions are not supported but, if you use the newer version for newer encryptions and an older version that is working for you for converting that is OK, as long as you get the desired results.

You may also try the newest version found here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=12423 but, you may still have to change the FPS from default to the original source.
        Hope this helps
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Audio out of sync

hi all

Thank you CBR 929 for your help with this matter. I have been converting it from the original disc, I will try to copy it to my hard drive and then convert it to see if that's any better. I also downloaded 8073 and done one test, from disc to hard drive without changing any settings and it worked first time. It seems strange to me that the current version of fab does not seem to do it. Once again thank you for your help in this matter.

Comment

Originally posted by tdk View Post
            hi all

Thank you CBR 929 for your help with this matter. I have been converting it from the original disc, I will try to copy it to my hard drive and then convert it to see if that's any better. I also downloaded 8073 and done one test, from disc to hard drive without changing any settings and it worked first time. It seems strange to me that the current version of fab does not seem to do it. Once again thank you for your help in this matter.
            Hi tdk
            I was happy to help
            Best practices are to always rip to HDD first and then compress from there, this saves wear and tear on your drive and is also faster.
            Glad it is working for you now
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
            X