Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Audio out of sync with Star Trek TNG

Hello,
    I could really use some help.. i have been trying to back up my TNG seasons on my computer and i cant get a good rip where the audio and video match.. I have been using DVDFab for a little over a month now and havent had any problems until now, and this one is a doosey..

I started this project yesterday and tried to rip straight from the disc to avi format.. it ripped but when i watched the episodes the de-sync would start about 6 minutes in (just after the opening credits) and would get progressively worse.. This was with version 8.0.7.3 by the way.. I then proceeded to rip the episodes 4 different times using the 2 other avi codecs and the 2 wmv codecs (i want to save this in a format that my xbox 360 can read).. i repeated the process with the secondary audio track on the DVD.. when that didnt work i copied the disc to my secondary HDD and then tried to rip from there, with the same result...

The next day i downloaded the most recent version of DVDfab (8.0.8.5. i believe) and tried again, but it was even worse with this version.. the disc plays fine when i watch it, so i dont know what's going on.. I'm pretty sure i have tried all of the solutions i have seen in the forum so far and im afraid this is going to be a real challenge.. I have attached my log for the entire process to this post..

thanks in advanced for the help!

Edluver216
    Attached Files

Hi edluver216
    Never "convert from your drive"
    Always save to your HDD and then open Fab again and convert from the already ripped source. Doing it this way is faster and saves wear and tear on your drive.
    Also give this thread a read through

A few things you can try.
    Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVDFab screen, and open Common Settings > General >A/V Codec, set Video Decoder to Software and set Video Encoder to Software restart Fab and try again.

Please download MediaInfo found here http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en and scan your video source that you have ripped to your HDD to find the frame rate, and on the Ripper main page click the edit button near the bottom right, and make sure that you choose the same frame rate as your original source and try again.

Give this a try and post back with results.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks CBR,
      The framerate seems to be the problem.. sorry, i read that in a previous post but forgot to check it.. thank you for your help, its working like a charm now!

Comment

No problem
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

TNG out of sync

I converted a number of tv shows over the last few months. Most of it with 8.0.7.3 with no problems other than hogans heroes. I saw that 8.0.8.5 fixed a problem with pathfinder not working with older dvd's (hogan's heroes), so I upgraded. Well, I didnt check my work untill the other day. I was checking Batman Beyond and I no matter what I did the audio was out of sync. So, I changed back to 8073 and it converted perfectly. I then when back and check my work and 3/4's of everything I did with 8085 is out of sync, including all 7 seasons of TNG. I could have died. I am now redoing TNG with 8073 and so far everything is in sync.

Comment

Working...
          X