m2TS AC3 profile options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) m2TS AC3 profile options

Can some explain what "high_quality", "normal" and "fast" mean on Bluray to m2TS AC3 profile options? Is this referring to video or audio? There is no explanation in the tutorials.

My goal is to convert to a bluray main movie source to a re-coded m2TS file of ~7.5GB file size (using maximum bit rate to fit that file size), then convert to a blu-ray folder structure using tSmuxer in order to burn a BD9 in ImgBurn that will play in my blu ray players (or optionally play the m2TS file by itself on WDTV TV Live). This conversion process worked starting with 1280x720p h.264 streams in MKV container (created in DVDfab) when the BD9 was played on my Sony blu-ray player, but it failed to play on my other Panasonic blu ray player. I am thinking there may have been something not completely compatible with the blu-ray standard (e.g. reference frames) with the underlying h.264 stream in the MKV profile in DVDfab. Only a guess though. This is why I want to try m2TS instead of MKV, but I need to understand the meaning of the profile options to minimize the chance of incompatibility with the blu-ray standard (hopefully so I can get the resulting BD9 disc to work with my Panasonic blu-ray player).

These settings have to do with the video, not the audio. The profile differences are available by reading the XML profile2 files in the DVDFab install directory if you are interested.

Discussion of using other software after the fact to create a BD is inappropriate for the DVDFab forums. If you'd like to create a BD9 then DVDFab BD Copy can do that for you.

Comment

Working...
    X