Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Settings to get exact rip from DVD to MKV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Settings to get exact rip from DVD to MKV?

Hi folks. I think I'm going to start ripping to MKV but I want to know what settings to use to get the best quality available from the DVD rip for audio and video. Thanks.

EDIT: File size not a concern.

Originally posted by fuzzyreets View Post
    Hi folks. I think I'm going to start ripping to MKV but I want to know what settings to use to get the best quality available from the DVD rip for audio and video. Thanks.

EDIT: File size not a concern.
    mkv.remux is the way to go. Just a passthrough, so don't need to adjust any settings.

AMD Phenom II X4 3.2Ghz | Radeon HD 4670 | Win7 Pro x64 | 8 GB | Synology DS211j 5TB | Wired GbE | 2x WDTV Live + |

Comment

Originally posted by tjkaz View Post
      mkv.remux is the way to go. Just a passthrough, so don't need to adjust any settings.
      That's right. I think i've used that setting before but I'm having a hard time finding that now. Can you assist?

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzyreets View Post
        That's right. I think i've used that setting before but I'm having a hard time finding that now. Can you assist?
        Hi fuzzyreets
        On the DVD Ripper page click More > MKV > Profile near the bottom click on the arrow and you will have drop down options to select mkv.remux.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
          Hi fuzzyreets
          On the DVD Ripper page click More > MKV > Profile near the bottom click on the arrow and you will have drop down options to select mkv.remux.
          CBR929
          Is that only an option on the newest v8 release? I dont' see it in my v7 release.

Comment

Okay I found that in the v8 release. I'll see how that works. I can't see buying another version though. The price of this software is insane.

So the MKV is an exact copy of the material the same as if I ripped to ISO?

Comment

New problem. MKV isn't playable on my iPad. How do I fix this? Is mp4 just as good? I can't imagine so. Thanks.

Comment

Download VLC for your iPad....
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                X