Soap opera effect on BD rips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Soap opera effect on BD rips

Using the latest version of Bluray Ripper, I ripped a CGI movie from Bluray to m2ts format.

When I play the resulting video on my Samsung LED/LCD display, the picture is crystal clear - but fake-looking. I learned a while ago that this is the well-known "soap opera effect" (Google it).

When I bought my display, I noticed the problem immediately, and after a little research, found that changing the picture setting to "Clear" (mentioned in the link) fixed the problem.

However, it's not fixing the problem for Bluray movies being played off of hard drives. I'm not sure whether it's a function of the television, or of the manner in which I rendered the m2ts file.

If it's the latter, can anyone recommend a setting I can change? The fix that has worked for playing actual Bluray movies (including the one I copied) does not seem to work for rips.

Scratch this one ... I just figured it out myself. It had nothing to do with DVDFab. Apparently, the "Picture" settings on the TV are source-specific. Therefore, just because I set it to "Clear" for my Bluray source didn't mean that it was set to "Clear" on the USB port. Once I got this, the matter was easily corrected.

Comment

Working...
    X