Bluray Ripper / WMV / Audio Sync. more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Bluray Ripper / WMV / Audio Sync. more

Instead of getting mixed up in other threads, I started my own to get definitive answers to my specific problem(s). General overview of what I am trying to do: Bluray burned to my HD, then main movie ripped for playback on computer and through Xbox 360 Windows Media Extender (I have Windows 7).

Problem:

I have been using DVD Ripper to WMV and every time my audio is out of sync on my computer. However, it is NOT out of sync when watching it streamed to the Xbox. I have also burnt a DVD copy of the WMV and played it on my laptop- again the audio is out of sync. How can I fix this?

This problem occurs when testing 8.0.7.3, .8.5, and .8.8.

Interestingly, I also ripped an M2TS of the main movie and that file is in sync both when playing on the computer or Xbox. Only problem is the M2TS can't be fast forwarded or rewound on the Xbox other than the 30 second skip feature. Also, the M2TS file produced is much larger in size than the WMV keeping the same settings (is that normal?).

I have been spending the last few days trying to figure this out and it is driving me crazy. Hopefully, someone here can shed some light on the problem and please let me know what other information you might need from me.

Correction to the above: I have been using Bluray Ripper to WMV (not DVD Ripper).

Comment

I have been using DVD Ripper to WMV and every time my audio is out of sync on my computer. However, it is NOT out of sync when watching it streamed to the Xbox. I have also burnt a DVD copy of the WMV and played it on my laptop- again the audio is out of sync. How can I fix this?
      Two ways to try:

1. Set video decoder & encoder to software at Common Settings-->A/V Codec;
      2. Copy Blu-ray movie to HDD first, then convert from HDD to HDD to save much wear & tear;

Also, the M2TS file produced is much larger in size than the WMV keeping the same settings (is that normal?).
      It is quite normal, as m2ts is the file format which employed by Blu-ray disc, its video and audio quality are not rivaled by WMV file.

Comment

Malcolm, thanks for the reply. I actually do have the H.264, VC1, and MPEG2 decoder set to software. The Encoder is set to software+CUDA. I can try setting it to just software, but converting to WMV doesn't use CUDA I believe? At least it didn't indicate it in the status box when working. It did indicate it was used when making the M2TS files.

I do have the disc ripped to my HDD and the converting is done there as well.

Glad to hear the M2TS file is supposed to be much larger than the WMV with the same settings.

Any other ideas why WMV playback on the computer is out of sync, whereas it plays fine streamed to the Xbox?

Comment

Hi Tony Jenkins,

Please post your dvdfab_internal_log file here, we need check which parameters you set for outputing wmv files, thanks.

Comment

Hi Sunny,

Here is the file requested:

DVDFab 8.0.8.8 (2011/04/24 01:10:12)

0m 01.98s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
            0m 01.98s: 2
            0m 01.98s: C:\PROGRA~1\DVDFAB~1\QLanguage\DVDFabQt_.qm 0m 01.98s:
            0m 01.98s: Qt Translator file load failed, the *.qm path is C:\PROGRA~1\DVDFAB~1\QLanguage\DVDFabQt_.qm
            0m 15.78s: got bdmv
            0m 15.91s: got extended bdinfo
            2m 52.53s:

------ begin mobile work(1/1) ------

2m 52.53s: create config(5)
            2m 52.55s: convert profile(xbox360.wmv.wma.hd)
            2m 52.55s: blu-ray playlist(1) angle(0) chapter(1->16)
            2m 52.55s: stream(4113,AVC,1) stream(4352,DTS-HD MA,1)
            2m 52.55s: info: set output video frame_rate(24000/1001)
            2m 52.56s: processing source(00011.m2ts)
            2m 52.56s: info: using software decoder(h264 multi-thread)
            311m 11.05s:

------ finish mobile work ------

Comment

Ok, so two rips of Iron Man 2 to WMV have produced the same result. Progressive degregation of the audio sync, but only when played on the computer. Through my xbox it plays perfectly. Here's the log for your viewing pleasure.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by poseidon7902 View Post
                Ok, so two rips of Iron Man 2 to WMV have produced the same result. Progressive degregation of the audio sync, but only when played on the computer. Through my xbox it plays perfectly. Here's the log for your viewing pleasure.
                Poseidon, I am obviously having the same exact problem as you. Does this happen on every rip you have tried, or just Iron Man 2? So far it has happened to every one I have tried (about 4 different films).

Comment

Hi all,

Blu-ray ripper- xbox360.wmv.wma10 profile, a/v sync issue, this is a known problem that our techs are trying to fix, please give us more days. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Jenkins View Post
                    Poseidon, I am obviously having the same exact problem as you. Does this happen on every rip you have tried, or just Iron Man 2? So far it has happened to every one I have tried (about 4 different films).
                    It "Appears" to just be Iron Man 2 right now.

Comment

Sunny - thank you for the response and letting me know it is a known problem. I look forward to the next release that hopefully has it fixed and that it comes sooner rather than later.

Poseidon - very strange that some of your Bluray to WMV works (is in sync)? Did you check others besides Iron Man 2 somewhere past the mid-way point of the film? The audio usually starts to go out of sync around the middle and around 3/4 of the way through it's really bad for me.

Comment

Iron Man 2 was the first one I had ripped with the new beta version. Any attempt to rip bluray before failed on the current version, so I had rolled back my version to 7.3.

I ripped last night Beauty and the Beast and while it's a cartoon, the audio was in sync on the computer and Xbox. Not sure what the difference in that is.

I attempted to try to rip Robin HOod before leaving for work this morning, but it keeps erroring out. I'm about to try it again now that i"m home from work.

As for it being a known error, that's not an overly comforting answer. I was told the same thing about 2 to 3 months ago and have yet to see any substantial difference in performance. Yes, I can now rip with the beta version, but it's not nearly as consistent as it was before. I'm hoping they fix this before pushing beta to release.

Comment

I see the WMV sync problem has been ongoing for months...

Sunny, is this problem really going to be corrected in "days" or are talking longer than that? My trial will be running out soon and I obviously don't want to purchase the product if I can't confirm it does what I need it to do. Thank you.

Comment

Has the problem been corrected in 8.0.8.9?

Comment

I would doubt it. Most people cannot be bothered with this profile so you will have to actually try it yourself.

Just encode a chapter so that it is a fairly quick test.
                              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                              X