8.0.8.5 and 8.0.8.9 DVDfab slow blu-ray rip + crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) 8.0.8.5 and 8.0.8.9 DVDfab slow blu-ray rip + crashes

Trying to complete a good rip of a BD for display on Windows Media Center.

Latest crash was using 8.0.8.9 (beta) - but I've had the same effects using the 8.0.8.5 and 8.0.6.7 releases. dvdfab internal log attached...

Seems DVDFab isn't working well to copy a Blu-Ray to a Windows friendly format. mp4 results in stuttering playback. wmv seems to bog down and crash most of the time, and when it is successful, the wmv audio sync is poor.

It seems there is some "art" to making a copy that isn't covered in the manual or tutorials. But what I want seems pretty simple: best quality copy of my DVD or BD stored as playable on my computer based media center.

I guess ideally I'd like a ISO image of the disk and a player that understands an ISO file. I don't want to deal with 1 pass 2 pass, cropping, labels based on everything the app does: like conversion codec forms, compression or bit rate, resize versus resample, bits per pixel, etc.

Any clues as to what may be a problem for DVDfab? About the only thing I can't think of on my system would be that I have a 128GB C drive (SSD RAID), and D: is a 8TB GPT (4 spindle RAID).

And because C is SSD, I've tried to ensure all temp storage is offloaded to D:. All "normal" C:\ temp locations are junction points to D: (c:\tmp; c:\temp; c:\windows\temp; c:\windowa\sys32\temp ... etc.).

Attached Files

Hi Gwild:
    Please goes to Common Settings dialog -> A/V codec -> Set both of encoder and decoder to Software, and then try again.

Comment

No CUDA

Removed the appropriate check boxes and the app crashed the system... that's really pretty hard to do in Win7 - DVDfab is the first app to succeed doing that. Even serious games only bring down the instance.

Logs attached...

I did this run with a fresh install to drive D:, just in case there was a disk full issue on my smaller SSD RAID. D:\ is a 2TB volume on a 8TB RAID5 GPT format drive array.

The conversion was started 03May about 11pm; I was away when the crash occurred, but according to sys logs the crash occurred at or after 6am 04May.
      Attached Files

Comment

Another crash - but with data

I sent in the crash submission after the latest crash... hopefully it will contain some helpful information.

Comment

No update from anyone - and the latest version 8.0.9.2 Qt is doing the same thing. Only now its doing it on single pass rips.

Still haven't been able to rip How to Train Your Dragon in 2 pass mode. And 1-pass has audio sync issue. 2-pass looks okay for the part of the movie that "succeeds", but once DVDfab slows down, Cancel is the only option.

Comment

Working...
          X