This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper 8.0.9.2 - Specify the DVD disk's region code

I am trying to automate converting all my DVDs to the ipad and have a script to run thru all my DVDs. Problem is, I am being asked to "Specify the region code" for each disk I rip though which stops the process cold until I click OK. I've tried selecting the check box "Do not show again". If I run DVDFab interactively it works fine, but when I run from the command line it does not. Funny thing is that I didn't have this problem with 8.0.8.5 (but I did have an audio sync problem in the later parts of the video).

Here is the command I am using. I couldn't find anything to set the region code from the command line:

dvdfab /mode "DVDIPAD" /SRC "W:\DVDRip\Air Force One" /DEST "G:\ipad" /DISPLAYFORCEDSUB "Yes" /CLOSE

Thanks

Workaround

FWIW - I found a few autoclick utilities and ended up using a free one called clickoff to automatically click the button for me so the process can run unattended.

Comment

region dialog keeps reappearing

I've successfully used dvdfab for years now using command line batch scripts. In 8092 it has suddenly stopped working due to a manual intervention required for the region at start up.

in the past, the first time I use a new release I can select the proper region, and then check 'do not show again'. from then on it works fine.

in this version if I use dvdfab manually i don't get the region dialog after selecting and 'do not show again'. but with command line execution for dvd copy it still pops up.

this is the command I use:

"%program%dvdfab.exe" /mode mainmovie /src "e:\" /dest "%dest%\%show% (%year%)\%show% (%year%).iso" /DISPLAYFORCEDSUB Yes /Title auto /removemenu yes /removepgc yes /outdisc dvd9 /close

I did find a fix for this. Or it appears to have fixed it. Even though the dialog should solve the problem, it doesnt. probably a bug. I did find a workaround by modifying the settings to 'not ask' the region and selecting the region that I want it to assume to use. it works for command line executions so far, but that doesnt fix what appears to be a bug in the dialog, and selection box to 'not ask again'.
      Last edited by goonie; 06-04-2011, 08:29 PM.

Comment

I'm using very similar automation for DVD to iPad conversions and I'm seeing similar behavior with .92 and even .98... Even though the configuration is set to 1 and A in DVD and blue ray protection, I receive the "select the DVD disks region code" dialog. I've also checked the don't show again box but it still prompts after the first disk. This started in .92 and I waited patiently hoping that .98 would fix it but it did not...
        Last edited by forgsale; 06-10-2011, 12:38 AM. Reason: Wrong version references...

Comment

Working...
        X