No announcement yet.

MP4(good) and M2TS(audio out of sync)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) MP4(good) and M2TS(audio out of sync)

Hi All,

Just throwing in my two cents... same audio out of sync issue here. Some times with MP4 and others on M2TS. Can't figure it out and/or a workaround; banging head on wall.

DVDFab 8.0.9.2 (12/05/2011)
    AMD 3Ghz x6 cores
    DDR3 1600 16G
    2 WD, 1.5TB Black Drives (System/Working)
    Latest Drivers for: HD Audio, NVidia 9600GT, and other misc drivers.
    Network: Gig FD CAT6

For my family I rip DVD's to MP4 and BD to M2TS to prevent little ones from messing them up and ease of use and storage. Normally I try to keep the recording around 15-20 Bits/Pixel, default audio, w/no sub-titles or other extras. Basically I try to keep each DVD to 2-4GB and BD to 5-8GB, which still looks really good on 48" plasma at 7-10' feet back.

For the past 6 months its been a crap shoot to figure out what is going to work, Software or CUDA. In some cases we simply keep a small set of original DVD/BD by the family room TV for those disks that fail to burn correctly (ex. T0y St0ry 1 (DVD), Sherl0ck H0lmes (BD), and H@rry P0tter 7 (BD)). Duh, light just came on, maybe I should attempt to burn a second CD/DVD for the small stack to minimize damage of the little fingers on the originals. Anyway...

Our latest addition is H@rry P0tter 7 - I've tried to rip two different copies (ours and in-laws) with the same out come. Audio is a little out of sync around 15 minutes and painfully out of sync around +30 mins. One odd observation was recording by chapters - the audio would be in sync at the beginning of each chapter; however, by the end of each chapter it was a little out of sync.

The normal routine is to use CUDA w/Enable Lighting-Recoding, if that fails use all Software, if that fails use all Software w/o Lighting-Recoding.

I don't think it has anything to do with the distant end players. On the Family Room box we use Media Portal but have configured PowerDVD as the player for both DVD/BD. On the Office box I use both PowerDVD and Windows Media Player. In both cases the content is out of sync in the same places.

Now I've said all that to say I've been able to rip HP7 to mp4 with no audio sync issues. However, since this is a BD, I rip to m2ts for the much better audio/picture feature set that makes up the m2ts container.

I don't know how the profiles play into all of this; however, I've tried: m2ts.ac3.fast, m2ts.ac3.high_quality, and m2ts.ac3.normal and all audio has been out of sync when attempting a rip to m2ts.

Tired of banging head on wall...

Any suggestions or is this simply a painful flaw/bug that has crept into the software?

Thanks,
    - Chuck

Hi CNK
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s) and post right here.

If you could also give us some details of your process of ripping and converting.
    Thanks
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Logs Attached

This was for a m2ts attempt.

Approx out of sync time is 5 seconds at 2 hours into the movie.

Thanks for any information you can/may provide.

- Chuck
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi CNK
        Could you please give details on how you do your ripping and converting!!!
        If I may ask are you converting from your optical drive???

If so please do not compress from your drive
        First save it to your HDD as BD50 without compression.
        Then open the hard drive folder and use "Movie Only" mode select BD25 to compress to another folder on your hard drive.
        Use the "Write Data" mode of Fab to open this COMPRESSED folder and burn to a disk.
        Doing it this way saves wear and tear on your optical drive and is also faster.

CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Hey CBR !!!

He's converting using a ripper profile to M2TS, not Main Movie.

@Chuck...

Suggest you download MediaInfo and give us the frame rate figure on the original and the resultant file.

I've seen this caused many times with an incorrect framerate.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
            Hey CBR !!!

He's converting using a ripper profile to M2TS, not Main Movie.
            Thank you
            CBR929

Comment

Sorry for delay... took a few to figure out how to use the MediaInfo tool.

Correct, I rip BD's direct to M2TS and store on my home NAS.

I viewed the root of the BD, RClicked on the BDMV folder and choose MediaInfo. The original disk is 23.976 fps.

RClick on rip file and choose MediaInfo, the results refreshed
              The M2TS rip is the same 23.976 fps. Overall has less information displayed the the BD; however, the fps is the same.

Did I do the test correct?

Do I need to upload any other files?

Comment

Well, that just blew that theory out of the water !!!

We need a few more details like:-

What "RIPPER" profile are you using?
                Do I understand that you rip directly from the optical disk?

Details of the procedure that you are using MAY help!
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

If I understand the area that you refer to as the "Ripper" profile being the left column (ex. DVD Copy, DVD Ripper...), then I use only two of them; the "DVD Ripper w/MP4 container and Blu-ray Ripper w/M2TS container.

For the most part I leave the PathPlayer set to enable when necessary. However, if I have a problem - I'll disable it. In this case I've tried both; however, I have not yet told it to "always" enable it :: shrug ::

I Rip directly from an optical LG HD CD/DVD/BD drive to a local D: drive (not system drive). All my video software is on C and I config the apps to write/work to/from another physical hard drive for speed.

Someone meantioned coping the files off the DVD. Is that as simply as opening the BD, coping all the folders files to hard drive, and then... using... the Video Converter "Ripper" section? If so, I don't see M2TS as an option. Would hate to do that process every time - but would consider it a couple of times :: shrug ::

Thanks for time and input,
                  - Chuck

Comment

You just do a "Main Movie" copy to the HDD first and then do a "Ripper" process from there as if it was the original disk.

I have outlined the DVD process & reasons in my "Best Practice: thread (Link below) and the same principles apply to BluRay.

Comment

Okay, thx for the pointer - I'll try it later tonight.

I'm taking a stab in the dark. I've selected the ResetDMA option and in the process of attempting another rip.

Comment

Reset of DMA didn't help.

I've read the Best Practice doc; performed a Blu-ray Copy to the HD. I've done a full disk and main movie copy and the copied contents audio is in sync all the way through the moive; however, these are 24 and 22 GB in size.

I've since attempted a m2ts rip from the above meantioned copies from the hard drive using both CUDA and Software, and the PathPlayer Enabled/Disabled/Forced; audio is still out of sync.

The audio is in sync on both Media Player and PowerDVD for the mp4.
                        The audio is out of sync on both Media Player and PowerDVD for the m2ts.
                        Why would it be in sync when I rip to mp4 and out of sync when ripping to m2ts?

Comment

Working...
                        X