Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Video and Audio Out of Sync for "The Way Back"

Need some help on this:
    Just ripped BD version of "The Way Back" using the IPadmp4 profile, and noticed that the resulting .m4v video and audio was way out of sync. Tried several times, with same results.

This is the first time that I've encountered this problem, as I've ripped over 50 plus blu-ray discs using this "profile" and same blu-ray ripping parameters, and this never happened before.

Has anyone encountered similar problem?
    Is this problem unique to this BD movie disc?
    Any recommendations on how to get video and audio back in sync?

I need to convert my blu-ray disc to an "mp4" equivalent format for viewing on my Logitec Revue (i.e.; Google TV) because that's the only format that it will read.

The reason I use the .m4v format is that resulting videos from the other DVDFab mp4 profiles (e.g.; mp4.h264.aac) produces a very jittery/shaky video...very difficult to watch.

Thank you in advance,
    GadgetVictim

Hi GadgetVictim
    What version of Fab are you using and please post your logs the default location is:
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal Logs and post right here.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
      Hi GadgetVictim
      What version of Fab are you using and please post your logs the default location is:
      or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal Logs and post right here.
      CBR929
      @CBR929: I'm using ver 8.0.8.5.
      I can't upload my Internal log. Get the following error: "Your file of 276.0 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 55.3 KB for this filetype." When I hit my upload button.
      Anything I can do to reduce the size?

Comment

Originally posted by GadgetVictim View Post
        @CBR929: I'm using ver 8.0.8.5.
        I can't upload my Internal log. Get the following error: "Your file of 276.0 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 55.3 KB for this filetype." When I hit my upload button.
        Anything I can do to reduce the size?
        Hi GadgetVictim
        First try using the latest version found here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=12916 there have been many fixes.
        Also you would not need the whole log just the most recent, use copy and paste and save it in notepad or wordpad then upload.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
          Hi GadgetVictim
          First try using the latest version found here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=12916 there have been many fixes.
          Also you would not need the whole log just the most recent, use copy and paste and save it in notepad or wordpad then upload.
          CBR929
          @CRB929,
          Download latest version of DVDFab (ver 8.0.9.2).
          Ripped BD movie (The Way Back) from stored BD version on H-drive using iPad.mp4 profile. Got the same results a previous DVDFab ver 8.0.8.5.

I cut and pasted portion of my Internal Log below. You will see where I last convert to m4v using version 8.0.8.5. Where I switched over to version 8.0.9.2, and re-ran Ripper on BD movie on H-drive to iPad.mp4. Thank goodness to CUDA, the ripper/conversion process to m4v took only 45 minutes. Hope you can detect where problem is from the below:
          =================================================

DVDFab 8.0.8.5 (2011/05/25 08:56:58)

0m 01.13s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
          0m 02.91s: detected blu-ray
          0m 02.91s: drive D
          0m 02.91s: blu-ray type 1
          0m 02.91s: volume label THE_WAY_BACK
          0m 03.75s: root 3EB88B09________THE_WAY_BACK:THE_WAY_BACK:THE_WAY_ BACK:THE_WAY_BACK
          0m 03.80s: aacs 0 bd+ 0
          0m 03.96s: got discinfo
          0m 03.97s: got bdmv
          0m 04.75s: got extended bdinfo
          0m 04.75s: opened blu-ray
          0m 29.53s:

------ begin mobile work(1/1) ------

0m 29.53s: create config(5)
          0m 29.53s: convert profile(ipad.mp4)
          0m 29.53s: blu-ray playlist(0) angle(0) chapter(1->15)
          0m 29.53s: stream(4113,AVC,1) stream(4352,DTS-HD MA,1)
          0m 29.56s: not set correct fourcc for video(28)
          0m 29.56s: info: set output video frame_rate(24000/1001)
          0m 29.59s: processing source(00012.m2ts)
          0m 29.59s: try to use gpu acceleration(1) for video decoding
          0m 29.59s: CUDA GPU acceleration for video decoding enabled
          0m 29.62s: h264 encode: using official CUDA encoder
          0m 29.64s: h264_encode: encode param profile(1) level(31) bitrate(1590)
          0m 31.46s: processing source(00006.m2ts)
          46m 41.46s:

------ finish mobile work ------

DVDFab 8.0.8.5 (2011/05/25 11:36:13)

0m 01.27s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
          0m 16.58s: got bdmv
          0m 16.64s: got extended bdinfo

DVDFab 8.0.8.5 (2011/05/25 13:13:55)

DVDFab 8.0.8.5 (2011/05/25 13:13:56)

0m 01.71s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
          0m 01.24s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1

DVDFab 8.0.8.5 (2011/05/25 14:09:37)

0m 01.32s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1

DVDFab 8.0.8.5 (2011/05/25 14:10:20)

0m 01.24s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1

DVDFab 8.0.9.2 (2011/05/25 14:13:30)

DVDFab 8.0.8.5 (2011/05/25 14:14:52)

0m 01.06s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1

DVDFab 8.0.9.2 (2011/05/25 14:15:08)

0m 00.88s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
          0m 00.88s: Qt Translator file load success

DVDFab 8.0.8.5 (2011/05/25 14:15:15)

0m 00.65s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1

DVDFab 8.0.8.5 (2011/05/25 14:15:48)

0m 00.65s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1

DVDFab 8.0.9.2 (2011/05/25 14:16:08)

0m 01.48s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
          0m 01.48s: Qt Translator file load success
          1m 15.78s: got bdmv
          1m 15.84s: got extended bdinfo
          2m 15.83s:

------ begin mobile work(1/1) ------

2m 15.83s: create config(5)
          2m 15.84s: convert profile(ipad.mp4)
          2m 15.84s: blu-ray playlist(0) angle(0) chapter(1->15)
          2m 15.84s: stream(4113,AVC,1) stream(4352,DTS-HD MA,1)
          2m 15.84s: not set correct fourcc for video(28)
          2m 15.84s: info: set output video frame_rate(24000/1001)
          2m 15.86s: processing source(00012.m2ts)
          2m 15.86s: try to use gpu acceleration(1) for video decoding
          2m 15.86s: CUDA GPU acceleration for video decoding enabled
          2m 15.86s: h264 encode: using official CUDA encoder
          2m 15.86s: CUDA GPU acceleration for video encoding enabled
          2m 15.86s: h264_encode: encode param profile(1) level(31) bitrate(1590)
          2m 16.92s: processing source(00006.m2ts)
          48m 27.40s:

------ finish mobile work ------

======================================

Let me know if you need more info.
          Thanks for your help.
          Regards, GadgetVictim
          Last edited by GadgetVictim; 05-26-2011, 01:30 AM. Reason: Cut/Paste not include all that I wanted to send.

Comment

Hi GadgetVictim
            Nothing is jumping out at me.
            Are your drivers up to date for your GPU???
            Also you may not want to try this but, you could try disabling Cuda and using the software settings for this movie to see if you get the same result.

Sorry I could not have been more help
            CBR929

Comment

Tried experimenting to see if I could convert this BD movie to some other codec/profile.
              - BD ripper to AVI = a/v still out of sync.
              - BD to DVD = a/v still out of sync.

Tried ripping some other BD movies to see if I can duplicate or get same problem.
              - All other BD movies = a/v in sync (can't recreate problem).

The only DVDFab function that seems to hold/keep this BD movie ("The Way Back") audio & video tacks in sync is the "Blu-ray Copy" function. (A/V in sync on copy initially made to HD and later to BD-R.)

I can only conclude that there's something unique to this BD movie or my copy of the movie that causes the BD ripper to misalign the resulting audio and video tracks.

Request someone with a BD version of "The Way Back" to assist in checking whether or not the problem that I'm encountering is unique to my copy of the movie.

Thank you,
              GadgetVictim

Comment

Suggest you download MediaInfo and inspect the FRAME RATE of the original and the resultant files.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

@GadgetVictim
                  Please be patient. It's unusual to have only on BD that doesn't work and we will try to determine what's happening. Please answer couple of questions:
                  (1) What's region of your BD
                  (2) Is audio off-sync from the beginning? or expanding with time?
                  (3) What comes first, audio or picture.

I know it might be too much to ask, but can you produce MediaInfo report for your troubled mp4 file?

Hi GregiBoy, didn't see you. We seems on a same path here
                  sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
                    @GadgetVictim
                    Please be patient. It's unusual to have only on BD that doesn't work and we will try to determine what's happening. Please answer couple of questions:
                    (1) What's region of your BD
                    (2) Is audio off-sync from the beginning? or expanding with time?
                    (3) What comes first, audio or picture.

I know it might be too much to ask, but can you produce MediaInfo report for your troubled mp4 file?

Hi GregiBoy, didn't see you. We seems on a same path here
                    @IPopov50: Sorry took so long to respond. I deleted all of my previous versions, so I had to re-rip the movie again, to check in response to your above questions:

(1) I belive I'm in region #1: US
                    (2) Audio is off-sync from begining. The delay is so significant (about 3-4 seconds) that it's difficult to watch for more then the first few minutes. It's difficult to gadge so, I can't tell if it gets worse thowards the end.
                    (3) The sound come first by about 3-4 seconds, at least at the begining.

I'd be glad to produce MediaInfo report, but you need to give me directions on how to do this.

Mahalo,
                    GadgetVictim

Comment

Hi GadgetVictim
                      I have never used BDINFO only MediaInfo, but you will find it here http://www.cinemasquid.com/blu-ray/tools/bdinfo the instructions are below the screen shot.
                      Media Info found here http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en

Note If scanning a disc in your drive you will first need to remove the copy protection. I am pretty sure this is how you will achieve this.
                      Put the disc in your drive open Fab let it scan the disc, after it is done then open BDINFO and do a scan of the disc as the copy protection will be gone.

Hope this helps
                      CBR929

Comment

Hi CBR929,
                        Sorry for the delay in response. I got tied up on other matters.
                        Went to both websites listed on your post.

IPopov50's comments hit the nail on the head ... it is a stretch.
                        I've got to admit that I feel like a fish out water on doing this.
                        The issue is I'm a "user" vice a "computer/video wiz", so I feel like a "monkey going through the motions" on this...sorry!

Haven't seen anyone else complain about this issue.
                        So, this problem could be unique to me. I can live with one miss in 50 BD rips.
                        However, If this is problem reoccurs on other BD movies, I'm sure DVDFab will hear from other customers.

Ciao/Aloha,
                        GadgetVictim

Comment

Hello. I too have had a problem ripping "The Way Back" and "Prince of Persia". I posted a thread a while back but there were no workable solutions.

Comment

Working...
                          X