audio sync issues with Final Destination 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper audio sync issues with Final Destination 3

I have tried 3 times with DVDfab and once with another program to get a good copy. During playback, it gets to the same scene in the movie (about the halfway point) and the sound gets ahead of the video, just slightly at first, then it gets worse and worse as the movie plays on.

I'm ripping to an MP4 and using an Argosy Media Player for playback. None of my other movies do this, so I know it's not the player.

At this point, I'm guessing it's the actual movie itself and I'm going to give up unless someone has any suggestions.

Are you ripping to your Hard Disk First? If so, make sure that you have Layer Break turned off.

Also, why MP4? MKV would be far better for your Argosy!
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

DVDFab is selecting the wrong framerate for this movie. You need to go and change the framerate that DVDFab selects from 23.976fps to 29.97fps which is the correct framerate for this movie

This is a known bug that has not been fixed yet and may not be as no developer has mentioned that they are working on it that I can remember

Also convert to what GregiBoy mentioned as mkv better container than mp4
      Last edited by AGJ; 05-29-2011, 11:50 PM.

Comment

I've just always used MP4, not sure why I've never tried MKV, but I will. I tried AVI a few times and the sound would never start with the movie. I had to fast forward into the movie until it "caught", then rewind and start over. MP4 has always worked without fail with the exception of this particular movie.

Thanks, I'll try that now and report back.

Comment

Forgot to mention, no I'm not making a hard disk copy first, just ripping it to MP4....anyway, I'm getting ready to try again and I noticed that the framerate comes up as "same as source", so I changed it 29.97. I also changed the format to MKV and slid the "bits/pixels" up to .384 (it was in the low .100's).

It'll take a few hours, I'm sure and then I'll check it.

Thanks for the tips!

Comment

After letting it run for a few minutes, it said it was going to take approximately 11 hours to complete . I'm doing this on a laptop and sometimes it gets hot. I'm afraid taking that long will overheat it.

Should it take 11 hours for a movie less than 2 hours in length? The only other thing I'm doing is turning on the Dolby Surround feature because I have a great Bose surround system.

Comment

Originally posted by skatterbrane View Post
              Forgot to mention, no I'm not making a hard disk copy first, just ripping it to MP4
              Hi skatterbrane
              Please do not compress from your drive
              First save it to your HDD as Main Movie and selecting DVD9 as output
              Then open the hard drive folder you just created and use DVD Ripper to convert to the format of your choice.
              Doing it this way saves wear and tear on your optical drive and is also faster.
              I also agree that MKV is the better choice
              CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Ok, I copied the main movie (using DVD9) and now I'm ripping to MK4 - says it's going to take 16 hours...

Comment

Hi skatterbrane

Forgot to ask what version are you using and also what settings are you using for your A/V Codec???

If you do not have a high end GPU NVidia card with Cuda support your better off selecting software as your settings to do this:
                  Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVDFab screen, and open Common Settings > General >A/V Codec, set Video Decoders to Software and set Video Encoder to Software restart Fab and try again.

CBR929
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks for that CB - I had recently gone back to 8.0.7.3 on the advice of others who were having audio sync issues and I forgot about those settings. I've changed them and will try it out.

In the meantime, last night before I went to bed, I tried the movie again with my other software using the 29.97 and MKV settings and I'm watching the movie now to see if it worked. I tried fast forwarding to the part where it messes up because I've watched this movie 4 times in the past 2 days and I'm getting sick of it, but before I even got to that part I hit play just to spot check the sound and the sound was now way AHEAD of the video. So I started it over and I'm just going to sit here and watch it.

By the time I get through it, I'm never going to want to see it again anyway, so I don't know why I'm putting myself through this, other than it's a big challenge for me, lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X